• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Customizable Name Generator v1.3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Master of Eagles
This is a customizable crossplatform name generator. Its made in java, but for vista. The ui might not be perfect on other platforms. Java and javascript is to different things(you will need that info).

Credits
-Sun -For making java
-People who made jedit -For making the syntax highlight textarea
-Hive -For making it possible to upload

It can right now only generate paladin, villager, troll, and ogre names. If you make your own code, you can make it able to generate any name.

IF IT DOSNT WORK, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST JAVA UPDATE.

UPDATE 1.3:
-Can generate ogre names
UPDATE 1.2:
-Fixed a bug i found
UPDATE 1.1:
-Can generate villager names

Known UI Issues:
-On fedora 13, most of the ui components are too small

Keywords:
name, generator, javascript, java, warcraft, tool, custom, troll, paladin, ogre, :), i, hate, vista, os, independent, villager
Contents

Customizable Name Generator v1.3 (Binary)

Reviews
15:50, 22nd Dec 2009 TriggerHappy: This is extremely simple and a lot of the work apparently has to be done by the user by implementing names. It's more of a list than a generator.

M

15:50, 22nd Dec 2009
TriggerHappy:

This is extremely simple and a lot of the work apparently has to be done by the user by implementing names.
It's more of a list than a generator.

It needs a good knowledge of the "language" you are making the names for. If you have enough knoledge, you can make the algorithm.

OK. I'll explain more:
You may think some names are unpronouncable. If you are english, You can't pronounce this: "Gholeydooekn". But arabs and persians can. In the other hand, they can't pronounce these words: "Start", "Extracts". They pronounce them : "Estart", "Extracs".
This is because they cannot have more than two consonants after a vowell in a syllabel and less than one before them.
This can be programmed. Look at my OPS Random Name Generator in THW, Tools, Misc.
But there is another problem. In some languages, two specific consonants(or vowels) cannot come with each other. Look at this:
Persians cannot pronounce Delhi (Capital of India). They pronounce it "Dehli". Because in persian, if there is a short vowel before "L", "H" cannot come after it.
This one needs a great knowledge of a specific language to make the names correctly. I'm working on it in my program but I need more information. If you can help me with this, I'll make the unlimited algorithm.

crl

crl

Level 7
Well, its still up to the users to use a limited or unlimited because this can change it. And yes, they have to use one in spore, because the planets is computer generated. If they didnt use one in spore, you could pretty much destroy all planets in the galaxy. But i think that each time you destroy a planet, there will come a new one. Anyway, i dont have the one they use in spore, and the algorithm i have works fine. If you want more possibillities, you can always add it to the generators.