• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Custom voice problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I have a little problem with a custom voice: I replaced all original files of a voice (Grom) with my files (.wav like the others), but ingame the unit didnt say anything, so I deletet the what sounds. Then the unit only said what-sounds when I selected it. Why the game doesnt play my soundfiles???

Level 20
Do your files have the same settings the original files have?
(This info is based on ArthasPissed2 unit sound)
Min distance: 3000
Max distance: 10000
Distance Cutoff: 100000
3D Sound: Checked
Stop when out of range: Checked
Volume: 127
Fade in/Out rate: 10
Effect: Hero Speech <- Important
Channel: Unit selection <- Important

Also check the unit in the Object Editor, and check the information in the 'Sound' fields.

As a final suggestion: Export one of the unit sounds and check the file information (Sample rate, etc.)
GromPissed 1: Bits velocity: 352kbps Filesize: 111kb, etc.

Level 2
Checked the files, 1411kbps oO. Gonna convert it into 352kbps files and check again. thanks.

Edit:
Hmmm, doesnt work, but my files have 2 channels (stereo) and the normal w3 unitsounds have 1 channel (mono). -> Lets check with one channel.

Edit2:
1 channel, 352kbps and it worked! Thanks alot.

Last edited:
Level 20
Now you can decrease that bit rate :p I don't think it's neccesary, try reducing that, and check if it works, otherwise your map filesize will increase a lot :) And i've used sounds with 92 kpbs (not for voices though) that works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.