• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Custom Values and terrainable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
1. If there is one custom value on each unit, would 100s of these units lag the game?

2. Attached is a picture, could it be done that way? (Without using bridges?)

Attachments

• Terraining.jpg
    Terraining.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Level 8
well just buy reading your text i under stand only one thing(or 2) 1. i dont know wtf you wonder 2. your not from the usa or a english peaking country, well try to tell more about wath you want help with! and yes the pic is terrible=)

Level 3
Hmm. Okay.

I know the picture is terrible. 1 minute's work.

I just wanted to know...
rephrasing...

1. If there is one custom value on each unit, would 100s of these units lag the game?

2. Attached is a picture, could it be done that way? (Without using bridges?)

Last edited:
Level 11
1: Custom value has verry little if anything to do with lag. the most it could do would be to take up memory.

2: No. Warcraft 3 has a single layer of pathing. You cannot get units to go under things and over them at the same time. (without teleporting them with waygates or the like.) And if you're asking for that kind of visual effect... why not use bridges?

Level 3
Ooh, thanks about the custom values.

I didn't want a visual effect ;/ I wanted units to be able to go under :(:(

Level 11
2. it can be done, if you detect if unit is entering bridge (it isnt yet on it) and then change its height, and if it exits region, just get it back with move unit function... na... forget it, it is complex and would lag (most of time)

Me said:
No. Warcraft 3 has a single layer of pathing. You cannot get units to go under things and over them at the same time.

Now, what you could do with extream ease is making an invisible waygate, so when units are orderd to the other side of a bridge from under it, they will teleport to the other side. (placing one on each side under a bridge or other such object)

Level 3
I think I can say that it is quite hard to make that kind of trigger?

I will think of some ideas then. :/ It would be cool to have so many layers. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.