• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Custom Unit Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
There are two ways.

The simple way is to import sounds and replace the originals with them. Though, this requires that some of the original sounds are removed.

The complicated way is to run a trigger that plays a sound each time a unit is clicked. You have to make sure that it's played for the proper player, and a lot of other stuff, and chances are that it bugs when using shared units.

Level 8
so what would I have to import over to get a full set?
Could you give me a list?

Most sound sets have at least one "What" sound, at least one "Yes" sound and at least one "YesAttack" sound. Some sound sets also have "Pissed" and "Ready" sounds.

"What" sounds are played when a unit is clicked. For example, a Footman may say "Yes my liege" and "Orders?".
"Yes" sounds are played when a non-instant order is issued. For example, a Footman may say "Aye, mylord" or "Right".
"YesAttack" and "Warcry" sounds are played when a unit is ordered to attack an enemy. For example, a Footman may say "To arms!" or "Let me at them!".
"Ready" sounds are played when a unit has been trained. A Footman says "Ready for action".
"Pissed" sounds are played when the same unit has been selected more than thrice times. Example: A Footman may say "Grab your sword and fight the Horde" or "Don't ask, don't tell".

There are also "Death" sounds, which aren't attached to the unit itself, but the animation, which is why for example both the Paladin, Arthas and Admiral Proudmoore have the same death sound.

Unit sounds are in .wav format. Make sure that they are in that format.

First, you have to find an already-existing unit sound set that has an appropriate number of sounds for each. We'll take "TheCaptain" as an example. You find it under "Units" and then "Human".

He has 3 different Pissed, 3 What, 3 Yes, 1 YesAttack and a Warcry. You must import all sounds you want, and then replace the already-existing ones. Make sure to replace all sounds with the proper sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.