• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Unit Sound Set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Is that possible to import custom sound (from wow) and use it for unit sound set?
Yes, it's possible. You can't create a new sound set but you can overwrite an existing one with your sounds. Just go in the audio editor, select the sound which you want to overwrite with your imported one, right click it and select replace sound.

Level 6
Hmm. Thank you for informations. Now, I want to replace doomguard stupid voices (Dagguu,diigu or something like that) Is there any way to learn their import paths?
No problem :), however you don't need to learn their import paths because the world editor will do all the hard work of find the import paths. All you have to do is follow these simple steps:
1)Open world editor;
2)Open audio editor;
3)Find the "Units" folder;
4)Find the unit sound set which you want to change it(in your case if you want to change the doomguard you should go in the "Demon" folder);
5)Replace every unit sound with your sounds by right clicking it and select replace sound;
6)Go into the unit editor and change the audio set of your unit with the doomguard one.

Level 6
that guide helps me alot. but, problem again. Replace iternal sounds only shows WAV files. Is there any way to import mp3? WAV files are too big and quality is very low.
As far as I know you can only use WAV files for replacing sounds, but however don't worry about files being too big, the max map file size is no more 8MB but 128MB so I think it isn't a very big problem XD

Anyway I added wav. files. In sound editor volume is ok. But in game volume decreased. Is there something to increase volume on ingame*
No, you can't increase volume in game but you can increase volume of the sound before you put it in the editor, you could use every basic music program like aduacity for do that.
However, if volume is ok in the world editor but not in game, this is probably because you have some trigger that lower sounds volume or it's the sound volume of the game that you have lowered. You could try to check in the game audio options and see if you can increase the sound volume. Be aware that will increase all sounds volume of the game so, if you want to increase only volume of your sounds you should increase theme as I said before with other programs like audacity and then you import the sound with increased volume.
Hope that helps ;)
Sorry for bad English.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.