• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Custom unit and custom skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I've made afew custom models but i cant figure out how to get a texture on them to show up ingame. The best I can do is load someone elses blp for some other model, rename it to the path, just so i can see it ingame with a blurred color.

I was wondering if anyone could walk me through texturing this model of a helm?
I made it in blender and converted to .mdx and it shows fine using someone elses blp renamed etc but i cant use a blp i made to it cuz it doesnt work.

The texture path is Textures\Helm.blp

Even if u cant explain it maybe if someone just skinned it with a plain color that showed ingame it would be enough to study and figure it out?

*uploaded a sphere with some random blp image someone made showing that i know how to set paths and all that*
*edit* oh and i see how people just have mdx files without blps. is that becuz they used ingame textures? if so, how did they assign the textures to the faces of the model?

*uploaded a sphere thats floating above a peasants head thats skinned showing i know how paths work etc. thats using someone elses skin to a infantry unit lol, jus something i grabbed quick.

Attachments

• Helm.mdx
    3.3 KB · Views: 90
  • sphere peasant.JPG
    sphere peasant.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.