• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
2 Different UI Questions:

1.) I downloaded a Custom UI for one of my maps. I have not modified the paths in the import
manager, but I went into "Game Interface" and changed all the neccicary paths there. Apparently
this only works if the game is Single Player, or for player 1 red. Is this true, or is my custom UI
displaying to all players?

2.) I decided to make a small edit to part of the UI I downloaded. And this light blue colour occured in game as
shown below.

attachment.php

I converted the source image to a JPEG, allowing me to edit it in a program called "Paint.Net". I then coloured some of
the inner border black. I then saved it as a JPEG, and converted it to a BLP using BLP Lab (I converted to JPEG because
"Paint.Net" doesnt support BLP). Here is the original image which I editted:

attachment.php

You can see what I've editted by comparing the two pictures. What have a done wrong?

Edit: If your wondering why I wanted to do the edits in the first place, it's because the frame came down too far into the
units stats. This caused the unit's name to be written over the frame. My edit blacked out some of the frame, freeing up
some space for the unit's name.

Attachments

• UI Error.jpg
    UI Error.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 715
  • IndustrialUITile02.jpg
    IndustrialUITile02.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 433
Level 25
1. It should work for all players. If it somehow doesn't, you can force those paths in the import manager. Search tutorials if unsure how.

2. That blue are is the alpha/transparent area; other game elements are supposed to be shown behind it, the blue being a placeholder when using image editing software.

The solution is to edit the original image using a better image editor like Photoshop or Gimp that can handle multiple layers; when you use jpeg the layers are all combined and that transparency layer is lost.

Once again, you can find some tutorials in the tutorial section.

Convert the .blp to .TGA and work with this one, also you can use .png but is recomended .TGA. Converting the image to .jpg (or other format that not support alpha channel) destroys the alpha channel.

Not replace the textures in Game Interface, import the textures with the same path they have in .mpq in the Importer Manager. And in the Player Properties, set the race you replaced the UI for the user players.

Level 16
Thanks guys, glad to hear the UI is displaying to all players (yes every player is of human race).

And fortunately, Paint.Net supports TGA, so I re-editted the image and it worked :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Fixed Image.jpg
    Fixed Image.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 534
Status
Not open for further replies.