1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Need to remove dots/glow from Time of Day Indicator

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Crabby_Spider, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Crabby_Spider

Crabby_Spider

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I'm creating a custom UI and having trouble with the TimeofDay Indicator. The frame I imported works fine, but the glow ring and dots indicating the time of day are on top of the frame.

I want to either turn off the effect, or edit the .blp so they are completely transparent. Does anyone know the paths/file names for those effects?

//\\òó//\\

Attached Files:

2. Vunjo

Vunjo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think that it's impossible to remove it, but, maybe I am wrong.
    UI looks very nice, can't wait to see it fully =P

3. Crabby_Spider

Crabby_Spider

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I know there's a chance it can't be removed, but it must be using an image to create the foggy ring and another for the dots representing the 'hours'. I figure I can modify the image to be completely transparent and it won't show in-game, but I don't know which files to modify. Any idea?

4. AL0NE

AL0NE

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I think the glows do uses a texture, but i'm not sure. i'll try and check it out.

EDIT:
    Sry. i totally forgot about this thread. :hohum: I think these 2 paths are the image of the dot & glow.
    Dot path
    UI\Console\Human\GenericGlow2_32.blp
    UI\Console\Orc\GenericGlow2_32.blp
    UI\Console\NightElf\GenericGlow2_32.blp
    UI\Console\Undead\GenericGlow2_32.blp

Glow path
    UI\Console\Human\GenericGlowFaded.blp
    UI\Console\Orc\GenericGlowFaded.blp
    UI\Console\NightElf\GenericGlowFaded.blp
    UI\Console\Undead\GenericGlowFaded.blp

assign the path according to the race of the player. but if your race is selectable, you might as well put all the paths stated above.

EDIT:
    I've included the images you needed to make it disappear. Hope it works. I don't have time to test it...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  5. Crabby_Spider

Crabby_Spider

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Thanks guys. I figured it out.

To remove the textures you need to replace 3 files. I edited the files to be completely masked and attatched them. Use the following paths when you import them:

Textures\GenericGlow2_32.blp
    Textures\GenericGlowFaded.blp
    Textures\star3.blp

I suspect this will remove the effect from all races given the file path, but haven't tested that as our map is a single race map (Undead). I'm working on the rest of the UI now.

//\\òó//\\

Attached Files: