• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need to remove dots/glow from Time of Day Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm creating a custom UI and having trouble with the TimeofDay Indicator. The frame I imported works fine, but the glow ring and dots indicating the time of day are on top of the frame.

I want to either turn off the effect, or edit the .blp so they are completely transparent. Does anyone know the paths/file names for those effects?

//\\òó//\\

Attachments

• TimeIndicatorHelp.jpg
    TimeIndicatorHelp.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 107
Level 7
I know there's a chance it can't be removed, but it must be using an image to create the foggy ring and another for the dots representing the 'hours'. I figure I can modify the image to be completely transparent and it won't show in-game, but I don't know which files to modify. Any idea?

Level 12
I think the glows do uses a texture, but i'm not sure. i'll try and check it out.

EDIT:
Sry. i totally forgot about this thread. :hohum: I think these 2 paths are the image of the dot & glow.
Dot path
UI\Console\Human\GenericGlow2_32.blp
UI\Console\Orc\GenericGlow2_32.blp
UI\Console\NightElf\GenericGlow2_32.blp
UI\Console\Undead\GenericGlow2_32.blp
Glow path
UI\Console\Human\GenericGlowFaded.blp
UI\Console\Orc\GenericGlowFaded.blp
UI\Console\NightElf\GenericGlowFaded.blp
UI\Console\Undead\GenericGlowFaded.blp
assign the path according to the race of the player. but if your race is selectable, you might as well put all the paths stated above.

EDIT:
I've included the images you needed to make it disappear. Hope it works. I don't have time to test it...

Attachments

• GenericGlow2_32.TGA
    4 KB · Views: 66
  • GenericGlowFaded.TGA
    64 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Level 7
Thanks guys. I figured it out.

To remove the textures you need to replace 3 files. I edited the files to be completely masked and attatched them. Use the following paths when you import them:

Textures\GenericGlow2_32.blp
Textures\GenericGlowFaded.blp
Textures\star3.blp

I suspect this will remove the effect from all races given the file path, but haven't tested that as our map is a single race map (Undead). I'm working on the rest of the UI now.

//\\òó//\\

Attachments

• GenericGlow2_32.blp
    2.8 KB · Views: 97
  • GenericGlowFaded.blp
    4.8 KB · Views: 85
  • star3.blp
    4.8 KB · Views: 101
  • fixed.jpg
    fixed.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 70
Status