• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom tree models import help pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello and thanks for opening this topic, ok lets go to the problem. I imported new custom model of tree in wc3 editor i reopen it and i can see it. i make custom tree and i add that new model on it and i add variations to 1 and i can see it on wc3 editor when i place it, but when i play a map, I can only see tree's shadows, help? :goblin_wtf:

if you use the destructible trees, you don't have to change the model file. What you will do is change the path of the imported model to something like: Doodads\Ashenvale\Plants\AshenCanopyTree\AshencanopyTree0.mdx, instead of the war3imported\(importedmodel).mdx and change the model file - variations to 1

Level 21
technically you can do that with everything and anything but it is a lot easier to simply untick the light model option. i THINK it's something with how destructible models are technically just white placeholders and the textures are added through replaceable texture fields. I think.
that will fix all

I imagine it could be because you have low graphics settings and have not set the model to have a low setting, though I don't know if it will just automatically show you the high poly one.
Also just so you know there are already tree models in the SC2 editor. I myself modified a duplicate supply depot to be trees and the shadows and everything work.

Just realized this is a wc3 post lol sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.