• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Using custom trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I downloaded a nice barrens tree model from the ultimate terrainers map. I imported it into my campaign. I then made a new destructible based on the Fall Tree Wall, changed Model Variations to 1, and assigned it the new model. When I place it in the editor it looks just fine, but when I play the campaign the trees are invisible. Their shadows are still in the game, but the tree is nowhere.

I've downloaded another model and tried the same thing, but it had the same results. The .blps are all uploaded and in the right place (after all, I can see it in the editor). Does anyone know what this might be?

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I think that u test ur campaign's map using the test map option in the editor if that is what u do then it's not going to work.... To test ur campaign u have to paste it in the campaigns folder of ur wc3 directory and launch it from the game...

Level 14
demon, I'm afraid that's not it. It is a campaign, so I cannot use the test-map button. I made a test map and played around with it, and manually triggering the "stand" animation makes it show up. I suspect it's playing the birth animation or something.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Hmm.. I think u r right but u can try another tree model if still the problem exisits then u can contact the model maker.

Anyways.. It's demon Slayer not demon...i slay them :)

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Try it with a shrub. Make a new shrub and put the tree model there. If it works, its up to the options in the destructible editor that you need to tinker with.

Status
Not open for further replies.