• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Music, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
The title says most of it.
Anyone know how to make Custom Music work? I've got a map in need of my custom song to get into the atmosphear... Atmo... How do you spell that?
Anyway, yeah. My song is in mp3 format and was imported without problems (I think?), but the preview is silent and I have no idea how to actually get it into the game.

Anyone know how it works?

Level 22
Atmosphere. Not sure for you but for me it gets underlined red like in MS Word if spelled wrong.

Make sure it works, record it if needed. Import the music in the map then in Data menu, select Data Type: Soundtrack. Create new/custom one, rename it. Having selected your custom soundtrack data, you need to create the music for it.So go to 'Sounds' fromn the 'Data type', there's all your musics.

Copy&paste existing one to create a new custom music, give it a distinguishable name. When you create it on the right screen under Sound set and 'Sounds; right-click and 'Add Sound' - you should see the imported music in the list of files among which you add the sound. Make the category to be: Music

When your custom music is created you need to go back to the Soundtracks and assign the custom music to your custom soundtrack in 'Cues', Just click Add Value and from the long list of musics select your custom music to assign it to the soundtrack. Now when you have the soundtrack just use it in a trigger:

• Play Music
    • Events
      • Timer - Elapsed time is 0.0 Game Time seconds
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play Music YourCustomMusic Soundtrack (Any Soundtrack Index) for (All players) (with cue Any Cue) and Do make default

It won't seem to work for me. I imported all my custom music, but it isn't listed when I search :|

Welcome2.png

Welcome1.png

Level 22
@Rispetto, you need to create a Music data file before doing it in Soundtrack.

Then you add the trigger and select this soundtrack to play. If this doesnt work, try without Soundtrack, just use your Music data again from the 'Sounds'

• Music
    • Events
      • Timer - Elapsed time is 0.0 Game Time seconds
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Stop Music soundtrack for (All players) (Immediately)
      • General - Wait 1.0 Real Time seconds
      • General - Repeat (Actions) forever
        • Actions
          • Sound - Play YourMusic for (All players) (at 300.0% volume, skip the first 0.0 seconds)
          • General - Wait (Duration of YourMusic Music) Game Time seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.