• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom/Modified passive abilities doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I modified Envenomed Spears and a copy of Slow Poison into Fire Breath consecutively(changing the appearance and removing the tech tree upgrade requirement) for my splash damage dealing dragon, but neither them of work. I even changed the Area of Effect and also, they were individually tested, and placed in spell book to be hidden from view in game. So how do I get either of them to work or is there an alternative that doesn't involve JASS at all?

Last edited:
Level 3
Missunderstanding: If you want a simple line AoE DoT spell: use Breath of Ice (ACbf). The Fire Breath Spell requiers a unit to be under the effect of the alcohol spell to place a buff and dealing dot Damage.

Edit: This passive Buff Placer skills are only used onto the main Attack - target.
I want a passive AoE DoT spell and Fire Breath is not Breath of Fire, it is a made up name of both the modified spells I mentioned and neither of them even work on the main target.

Last edited:
if you place Breath of Ice or Acid Bomb into an modyfied Orb of Lightning skill you can let your dragon shot it on each Attack or with a % chance, dmg won't stack but than you have an AoE dot on attacking. Without any triggering.

Edit: Acid Bomb without Missle and max speed would be the better choice, it is already an Circle and not an line based Spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.