• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

custom model selection/portrait help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I created a Link model from scratch and all my textures and animations are from scratch in Milkshape.

I created a portrait camera in war3 model editor but it won't show up, and the camera is visible in the war3 viewer, so i'm not sure what's going on. Also, when your mouse hovers over a model, the selection circle will pop around the model, but that doesn't happen for mine (in-game). The only way to select the unit is to use the box selection thing, which makes it impossible for my allies to attack me...good or bad.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Level 9
ES, you didn't export properly. You didn't use Guesst's exporter, you probably used Magos Model Editor's import, right? That's why you can't select it normally.
About the portrait I'm not sure.
--donut3.5--
nope donut, i used guesst's and it worked great...
But i've had this problem with all the models i've made from scratch i believe...

except not with the portrait.

by the way donut, you're pretty popular over here aren't you? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.