• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom minimap icon for heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello again. In my map i changed the minimap hero icon in game interface, it works, but only in my computer. I tested the map in a lan game and in the other computers there was just a black icon.

The path is: UI\minimap\Customheroimage.blp

I changed it with ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\same.blp
But still not working.

How can i make this work on other computers?

What is the size of the images?

This image is the right size:

Minimap-Hero.jpg

I believe it is 64x64, but 32x32 would probably work too.

I don't know why your computer would be different than anyone elses, but you should overwrite the path in import editor and don't switch it is game interface. It's just easier that way and less likely to have issues.

Please post the image and a screenshot of the error and of it working on your computer.

Level 9
Here the screenshots u asked for.

The first attached image is from my PC, the second from another PC. As you see on mine it works on oter it's just a black icon.

For the screenshots i imported the icon in import manager in the path : wc3mapimported\CustomIcon.blp

The image is the World Editor's Object Editor Unit panel icon. I extraced it from the mpq archive.

Dont know why isnt working

Attachments

• CustomIconsWorkingMYPC.jpg
    CustomIconsWorkingMYPC.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 200
  • CostomIconsNOtworkingOtherpc.jpg
    CostomIconsNOtworkingOtherpc.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 169

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Looks like the other computer has something wrong with its graphics. Possibly it was not set to maximum settings or there is a GPU driver issue. The texture is not being loaded, or at least at the appropriate mipmap level. For example it was expecting 32*32 but you were giving it 16*16 so it made up some 32*32 black image instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.