• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Create Minimap Icons/Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys!

I want to display various CUSTOM MADE icons in the form of Models on the minimap via the following trigger action:
  • Cinematic - Create Minimap Icon at (Center of (Playable map area)) of color (255, 255, 255) using UI\Minimap\MiniMap-Goldmine.mdl and fog visibility Black mask
I now managed to get hold of the necessary files (see below) that should now allow me (in combination with the model editor) to create my custom made model-icons on the minimap.
The thing is that I simply cannot manage to modify the models in the model editor so that they display correctly in game. They always show as a white square.

I am a total noob with the model editor and all i did was open the MiniMap-Item.mdx model inside the model editor, import another texture (one of the 2 .blp-files --> i used the files from Blizzard for testing to make sure that the problem does not lie within the .blp-files itself) and replace the old texture-ID with the new one in the material manager.

My end objective is to display the "house_red.tga" image as a model-icon on the minimap.
(As well as many others to follow once we got this figured out.)

Any ideas or instructions on how to get there?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• house_red.tga
    610 bytes · Views: 30
  • MiniMap-Item.mdx
    1.3 KB · Views: 32
  • minimap-gold.blp
    1.8 KB · Views: 36
  • minimap-item.blp
    1.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Status