• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Map project repair request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys,

I'm having a lot of issues running this custom map I made that my girlfriend and I keep trying to play, but we can never end up beating it without the game crashing at random points. It seems to be purely trigger related as when i disable all the triggers, the map works fine.

I've looked a bit into this issue, and it seems i may be experiencing some memory leakage. The game will start lagging more & more often later in the game & eventually lead to a "FATAL ERROR" with "memory could not be read/written" or "not enough space/internal memory" window.
this even happens on my girlfriends Alienware 17 laptop with 750GB of memory & 16GB of RAM.

The objective of this project was to have ordinary units gain permanent attack & HP bonuses from killing enemies, as well as have all their HP & attak values increased over time. The resulting trigger I had to make was a nightmare.

On top of that, we tried to make the game more challenging by having creeps spawn in at points & try to attack a random players start location during the night.

Let me know if there is any way you can improve the maps performance so that it will not crash and so that others might like to try this type of map out.
we would be extremely grateful :)

******Edit: Correction, I did not create this map! I only modified it & added on to it. However, The custom triggers, abilities & units were all my design.

Attachments

• GM Power Ups 2.w3x
    392.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Level 2
Take a look here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/things-leak-35124/

The main leaks are point, unit group and location.

E.g. every time you do an action "create 5 units at center of region", that leaks a location.

Go through the period triggers first (events with every X seconds) and spells to remove them.

So every time I create an object or unit at a location, I need to set the location as a variable & then destroy it?

That link you posted helps me understand what's going on a lot better...had no idea this was happening.

Level 2
ok one question, for triggers that call the same location twice, do you destroy the location after every time you call it or only at the end of each trigger?

For example, where and how many times would I put this:

[ Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_PointDyingUnit)]

in this trigger:

Rank up for kills
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
((Killing unit) is A Hero) Equal to False
Actions
Set PointDyingUnit = (Position of (Dying unit))
Unit - Add Inventory (Unit) to (Killing unit)
Item - Create Orb of Power at PointDyingUnit
Hero - Give (Last created item) to (Killing unit)
Item - Remove (Last created item)
Item - Create Orb of Strength (Lesser) at PointDyingUnit
Hero - Give (Last created item) to (Killing unit)
Item - Remove (Last created item)
Unit - Remove Inventory (Unit) from (Killing unit)

and then what would I do for complex chain triggers such as this:

Attachments

• triggers.jpg
    triggers.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.