• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Custom loading screen shows way too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So I made my custom loading screen and it works buuuut...

Like 90% of the loading time is loading screen black and then my beautifull loading screen is shown for only like 2 seconds 😡

I tried to google that issue but there is too many people having problem with making cusotom loading screen and/or long loading times so I could not find relevant answer if it exist.

Level 8
I am using .dds according ti this guilde, 1920x1080

Last edited:
Level 11
use one of this 2 files. one of them well work for you .
next You need a 1024 x 768 pixles image or a reasonable size as your custom loading screen. (must be quite large)
Slice the 1024 x 768 image for your custom loading scren into 4 parts. (like dividing a piece of cake into 4) NOW FOLLOW CAREFULLY THIS PART - Bottom left and bottom right sliced parts of the image MUST be 512 x 256 pixles and Top left and Top Right parts MUST be 512 x 512 pixles.

and ad them to your map as blp
name them
LoadingScreenBL.blp
LoadingScreenBR.blp
LoadingScreenTL.blp
LoadingScreenTR.blp

and see if this well work for you

Attachments

• LoadingScreen.mdx
    1.3 KB · Views: 4
  • LoadingScreen2.mdx
    3 KB · Views: 5
Level 11

Like 90% of the loading time is loading screen black and then my beautifull loading screen is shown for only like 2 seconds 😡

I tried to google that issue but there is too many people having problem with making cusotom loading screen and/or long loading times so I could not find relevant answer if it exist.
My loadscreen appear black just like yours only in world editor, but in multiplayer with players work just fine.

Level 11

I always wandered why I have that black screen 90% of loading. So in Multiplayer it's okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.