• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom item system problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have a bit of a problem with my custom item system the problem being that in the inventory screen alot of the data does not pop up i think the problem is not with the saving of the data to the hashtable but with loading it. It is too compicalted to post the triggers or there is just too much so i have uploaded the map (attached). In game use the paladin to pick up the item (they are both only for testing) then press esc to access the inventory screen but only pick up the item once. Can someone please help with this problem will give +rep.

Update: added trigger comments please help

Attachments

• bajfaf - help.w3x
    78.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
May I ask what the huge random integer is for? does seem rather inefficiently done, eitherway in terms of fixing your problem might I suggest adding comments to make it more readable? in it's current format it's rather difficult to scan through the triggers while making sense of it all, without going through it's creation step-by-step, which would be very time consuming.

Level 5
Will add trigger comments tommorow i cannot today and the huge random integer is because the chance to get a perfect item is very low the 100000 following it is simply for testing so to is setting the level to 100

Level 5
The random number is not the problem the problem is if the mouse goes over an empty slot when u go over an item after that 2-3 lines of text do not show up but they do if u never touch an empty slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.