• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Custom Heroes' Hero Limit Trigger doesn't Function

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, nice to meet you. :goblin_yeah:

I have some problem with my project trigger.:vw_sad:

Maybe you know, I'm currently developing my project, Remaking Garden of War. If you want to see my map, you can (click this link :ogre_haosis:

Nah, i found some problem with a default melee map trigger, called Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)

I created some Custom Heroes in this map. And I distribute all the heroes to each race.

The problem is when I pick the custom hero, the hero still available on the list. You can see the different between the normal condition with the abnormal one from this pic:
Normal.jpg

Maybe if you know the reason, please tell me.
Thanks a lot :ogre_haosis:

Level 12
There is a hero list at Gameplay constants for default heroes, you should add your custom heroes to that list.

Level 12
It is working for me, maybe you are using a custom altar?You also need to add your custom altar to the list right next(up) to hero list.

Attachments

• Hero Limit.w3x
    16.4 KB · Views: 81
Level 3
This only solves a little problem of the big picture, but might as well say. Set the allowed number of all custom hero types to 1 in map initialization.

Pick all players and Player - Set unit availability.

Nah, i still learning about trigger, because it's too difficult :vw_sad: hmm, i don't see the trigger about limiting all custom hero types by 1 in trigger list. Maybe we should make a new one?? And about set unit availability, i found the trigger that said:
  • Player - Make Footman Available for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)
Is that the correct trigger?? Thank you :D

It is working for me, maybe you are using a custom altar?You also need to add your custom altar to the list right next(up) to hero list.

Uhm, I'm sorry but it doesn't work on me
doesnt_work.jpg

PS: I don't changing anything from your map.
Btw, thankyou :D

And i found another great mess thing
2_heroes_and_cant_choose.jpg

After i choose 2 custom heroes, i can't choose the 3rd heroes. Anyone know to solve this problem??

Thanks b

Status
Not open for further replies.