• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Custom Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm working on creating a custom hero. I am working on the skills for now I need to make the total of 30 skills. I may not be using them all but I do want them so that I can at least allow People to select which ones they want to use on a per hero basis. All Skills with have a max level of 20. I need to set a trigger so that some skills cannot be selected if the hero does not have other skills first. I do not know how to set that trigger please help!!!

Some of these skills I will be able to figure out on my own (I will post in the description if I think I will be able to), Others will require triggers. If they require a trigger please give me the trigger events, conditions, and actions in a detailed explanation or email me a screen shot of the trigger to email address [email protected]

Even though I can figure some of these out on my own I'm posting them just in case someone else has an easier way to set it up or in case i cannot figure it out.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP IN ADVANCE.

This is the First of Three Categories of Skills I will be asking assistance with. This Category is called Warcries.

1) I need help with the First skill called "Howl". I want it to do the exact opposite of taunt or i want it to push away all surrounding units in a particular radius as a knock back. I do not want the skill to do any damage. I need help I do not know how to do it.

2) I need Help with the Second skill "Find Potion". I want this skill to be used for my hero to create potions. I also need to make it so that it requires a nearby corpse to work and has a % to create either Health, Mana, or Combined *Rejuvenation. (I think this will require a trigger set)

3) I need help with the Third skill "Shout". This one i will probably be able to figure out on my own. I need it to be able to boost only defense by a % for a particular Duration.

4) I need help with the Fourth skill "Taunt". This skill I will probably be able to figure out on my own. I need it to be able to attract all foes within a particular radius around the hero.

5) I need help with the Fifth skill "Find Item". Basically this is the same thing as the second skill but i want it to create particular "trash" items I will have required for Recipes. (I think it will require a trigger set)

6) I need help with the Sixth skill "Battle Cry". Same thing as Howl but I also need it to enemy based defense and damage by a % for a period of set time. Only the percent will change.

7) I need help with the Seventh skill "Battle Orders". I need it to be a roar based spell that increases health and mana by a %. The % and Duration needs to increase on a per level bases. (I think a trigger will be required)

8) I need help with the Eighth Skill "Grim Ward". I need this skill to be able to create a small invulnerable building that pushes enemies within a particular radius away from the building every few seconds. lasts for a small period of time. Radius and Duration increase per level. (I think a trigger will be required)

9) I need help with the Ninth Skill "Warcry". I need this skill to be a roar type skill but i need it to damage enemies and stun them for a period of time. Damage and stun length needs to increase per level.

10) I need help with the Tenth Skill "Battle Command". I need this skill to boost all selected skills by one for a duration of time. Duration increases each level. (this particular skill I do not believe we can make if you have any ideas on what to make it do please let me know, if this is possible even with a trigger please let me know)

All skills I am asking for are skills strictly based off of Diablo 2 Lord of Destrustion, Barbarian character. I will not take personal credit or credit anyone else other than blizzard for the idea and use of these skills. I may credit you on your assistance with creating the skill for Warcraft 3.

Last edited:
Level 25
Hmm well, with the "find potion skill" You could base the ability of animate dead, so you need a corpse to do it. Make it summon no units. Then make an integer variable. And when the hero casts the skill, set the integer to random number from 1-100. then make condition, "if *your_integer* is less then or equal to 10 create one health potion and give it to (casting unit). Will make the skill give a 10 % chance of creating a health potion. And so on.

And for the taunt skill, just use the taunt that already exists in WE?

Status
Not open for further replies.