• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mass Spells needed (can be simple)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
It was suggested that I make this post here, rather than resources needed:

The title should explain what I am looking for, but I will go into detail:
These skills will be added in an upcoming skill pack for Custom Hero Arena Revolutions

Wanted:
-Lots of spells; or ideas for spells. CHA has a lot of abilities in it right now; and I am looking for unique abilities that are not super-advanced.

-Do not need to be MUI, only MPI. They can be MUI of course; but I feel as though MPI is easier to make, IMO.
-Do not need to have their leaks cleaned, unless they produce a lot. A lot by my standards are over 1000 per cast. I use mastermalts automatic leak cleaning system; works great, allows me to be lazy.
-Please GUI only; as I plan to edit the skills, minorly, and jass confuses the hell out of me.
-These skills do not need to be hardcore advanced or anything; just spells that you cannot normally find in the WC3 ladder; however dont remake a ladder skill and just swap out a graphic.
-No use of blink, or blink type moves; nothing that allows you to fly, or remove pathing. No killing doodads for various reasons, or using natural elements (if unit is in water, ect).
-You do not need to try to balance the skills; just throw a random number for damage out there; or stun duration, or whatever it is you want to do.
-Skills must be levelable.

How to go about doing this:
- Best bet is to suggest a skill idea you would like to work on (again, can be basic, and can be based partly on ladder abilities; so long as there is some customization through triggering) and to get the thumbs up. I already have a lotttt of abilities in the game, and dont want anyone to work hard on something, then find out I have a skill identical to it already.

Additional Info:
- I will +rep anyone who makes an attempt
- Credit to any skill I use in the map
- Yes, I have been through the spells of this site; and have found maybe 20 that I want to try to use. Of them; 15 will prolly be used. I need a good 15 more skills on top of that to reach my goal of a 30 spell "addition".

Thanks for looking!

***In the other thread a couple of people were discontent with the idea of not needing the skills to be leakless; trust me, the leaks get cleaned without fail.

Level 28
Debilitate

An enemy unit is afflicted with a bewildering and randomized array of status effects (Curse, Faerie Fire, Incinerate, Cripple, Poison, Slow, etc.)

One extra status ailment per level, increased duration. If possible, increasing levels also allows for more powerful effects (for example, Cripple would not be available in the level 1 spell, but becomes available at level 3).

Earth-Mother's Wrath

Stalagmites erupt from underground, hurling enemy units into the air and damaging them, stunning them when they land (Think Impale in a circle rather than a line, with Earthquake spikes rather than the Crypt Lord's).

Increase radius, damage and duration with level.

Level 8
Battle Zeal
Everytime the hero kills a unit, he gains 10% move speed and attack speed that lasts for 5 seconds. The effect stacks up to 70%

Deathbond
Hero casts a channeling skill that damages the target and rendering him immobile (like Atropos' Fiend's grip skill) but the twist is that the caster uses his hp/second while channeling until the caster STOPS it deliberately, meaning that as long as the caster has hp to spend the skill wont stop. to balance this the damage dealt and the hp cost IS THE SAME!! so you use this if you have higher hp than the target.. im serious on this:)

Level 7
Earth-Mother's Wrath
Stalagmites erupt from underground, hurling enemy units into the air and damaging them, stunning them when they land (Think Impale in a circle rather than a line, with Earthquake spikes rather than the Crypt Lord's).

Battle Zeal
Everytime the hero kills a unit, he gains 10% move speed and attack speed that lasts for 5 seconds. The effect stacks up to 70%
***If killing a hero, set it to 50% of its max value***

Deathbond
Hero casts a channeling skill that damages the target and rendering him immobile (like Atropos' Fiend's grip skill) but the twist is that the caster uses his hp/second while channeling. (I wouldnt allow it to go forever, as, in a hero arena, that generally means anyone with high HP wins without fail)

I really like these 3 so far; I will see how challenging they are to make...

Not to disregard the other suggestions; debilitate would just be too much triggering (skills go to up lvl 15) and there arent enough summons to make the strip-bare work; same as the way the creep spawns are; it just wouldnt be too viable for many builds.

Level 28
In that case, an alternate version of Debilitate (based on Spellbook):

The afflicting spells are made to strike multiple targets in an area rather that a single unit, and the number of effects available goes up with the levels. Increase radius/duration every level, and every three levels or so, a new effect is learned.

In terms of balance, some tweaking of manacost/cooldown will probably be necessary.

Level 7
In that case, an alternate version of Debilitate (based on Spellbook):
The afflicting spells are made to strike multiple targets in an area rather that a single unit, and the number of effects available goes up with the levels. Increase radius/duration every level, and every three levels or so, a new effect is learned.
In terms of balance, some tweaking of manacost/cooldown will probably be necessary.

Ohh, this sounds much better; I think I can make this work ^_^ thanks!

Level 18
First of all: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/idea-factory-462/useful-stuff-your-spellbook-155983/ (forgot all the written stuff, I dont care about credits, you can focus on spells).

Then:
Frozen Shard - Active/Target Zone - Deals x damages in the area, slowing every units and every heroes. Summons a shard in the center of the area. Each time an enemy comes nearby it deals x damages and slows him due to the high cold.

Redemption - Active/Target Unit - Deals x damages to the target. x = Number of units the hero killed * y. (you need to store a variable). Resets units killed. (You may add a way for the player to visualize how many units a hero killed).

Mana Lust - Passive - Absorb ((Mana Max - Mana)*0.04) each attack.

Mana Consumption - Active/Target Unit - Burns all mana. Deals x damages. x = mana burnt.

Charisma - Passive/Aura - Decreases creeps' damages in a large area. Increases friendly heroes damages in a small area.

Level 3
Let's try a few time and speed spells.

Tick, Tock: Can be toggled between one of two modes. AoE skill, can affect allies or enemies alone. In one mode, will drastically slow all enemy units within the AoE as well as grant them invulnerability while trapped in a time lock. The other mode will speed up allied units, but at the cost of their bodies gradually breaking down, i.e. damage over time.

Death's Veil: Single-target spell, rapidly decreases the stats of a hero and then resets them back to normal at the end of the skill.

Absolute: To bring molecules to an absolute stop is to turn everything to ice. Aura, constantly issues a stacking slow to all units within range, once units' movement speed decreases beyond a certain point, the air around them crystallizes to ice, dealing damage and trapping them.

Flaming Tear: Yet to send molecules to unbearable speeds is to light the world on fire. Line-AoE damage, throws a projectile which rapidly accelerates to form a flaming fireball that deals damage to units in the direct path of the projectile, lights the area it passes through, and disorients units from the shockwave.

Status
Not open for further replies.