• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Hero Arena Defense V.1.07

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Choose a hero, choose his abilities, defend your lane against creeps, and try your powers against your enemies heroes in the arena.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short Introduction:
1. Choose a hero by double-clicking him.
2. Choose three normal abilities and one ultimate.
3. Now you will fight creeps in your lane, 15 creeps spawn with a three second interval. 10 rounds for every race (Human/Orc/Night Elves/Naga/Undead).
4. Every fifth level is the time for the arena. Here, different modes can be set to alter the gameplay.

For the main site for Custom Hero Arena Defense, full changelog and more info go here: http://rotl.freeclanforum.com/

As always I would like you to inform me if you find any bugs or have tips on [email protected].

Balance:
*Frost Guard now dosn't trigger on illusions attack
*Halfed Rain of Fire's damage per wave & increased dmg/second by 5 per level
*Vampiric Attack now gives 12/14/16/18/20 % steal on attack (30% on level 5 before)
*Changed Infernals levels to 2/4/6 instead of constant 8
*Impale damage lowered to 100/125/150/175/200, stun on heroes lowered to 1,5 (from 2) seconds and stun on units improved to 3 seconds (from 2)
*War Stomp stun improved to 3 (from 1,5) seconds damage rebalanced to 100/125/175/225/300
*Illusions now take 250/225/200% damage instead of constant 300%
*Lowered Pulverize damage by 25 on all levels

Changed Stats Interferance:
*1 Strength now gives 19 hit points (from 25)
*1 Agility gives 1% attackspeed (from 2%)
*1 Intelligence now gives 13 mana (from 15)

Gameplay & Visual:
*Removes the number of creeps option sinced it made the game unbalanced
*Your hero is now selected when the arena starts
*Reduced Anya's model size
*Increased Fountain of Life's regeneration area
*Fixed some typos
*Changed player 9's interferance color
*Fixed all ultimates learn and cast hotkey (I had forgotten to change some to E)
*New Round timer decreaed from 45 to 35 seconds
*Time to choose hero reduced from 5 minutes to 4 minutes

Code/bug fixes:
*Fixed a bug with new teleport system
*Fixed a bug with Mirror causing Wand if Illusions to appear when it procs on infernals
*Fixed "Player has finished" bug
*Fixed the bug which could cause creeps to get stuck
*Fixed Natures Hand bug
*Fixed Berserk attackspeed

Keywords:
Custom, Hero, Arena, Line, Defence, Defense, Nobody_, Scientific, SwedishChef
Contents

Custom Hero Arena Defense V.1.07 (Map)

Reviews
00:06, 17th Feb 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 8
ooo alright

EDIT: i played the new version and its still VERY buggy... i had to remake a lot because when a player leaves during a middle of a wave, it usually stops all units from comin, and puts u back into the shop area so the next wave begins... also i didnt notice any new items, i only saw different tooltips. And the arena is still bugged, one time a hero killed everyone, and we didnt get revived back to the shop

Last edited:
Level 4
ooo alright

EDIT: i played the new version and its still VERY buggy... i had to remake a lot because when a player leaves during a middle of a wave, it usually stops all units from comin, and puts u back into the shop area so the next wave begins... also i didnt notice any new items, i only saw different tooltips. And the arena is still bugged, one time a hero killed everyone, and we didnt get revived back to the shop

Ah, damn. I will look through all those triggers again. The new items are in my map. You got a bit older map.

E: I will look for the problem, focus on the balancing now.

E2: When the bugs appear can you save the replay and send it to my mail??

Level 3
bug report:
* when you reach lvl 20 there is no duel and you can't go to your place either but creeps spawn there and you loose lives.
* if someone quits during a wave creeps stop coming as if the wave has finished.

Level 4
bug report:
* when you reach lvl 20 there is no duel and you can't go to your place either but creeps spawn there and you loose lives.
* if someone quits during a wave creeps stop coming as if the wave has finished.

Thanks, do you know if the first bug always happens?? Or only one time? Do you have any replay which i can watch? Im currently trying to solve the second bug now. (this is the 1.03 version you are talking about right?)

E: Found both bugs now. the first is caused since there is no more levels, this i have fixed in the new version. The second one was problems in the code i have found the problem and am trying to find another way to do it ;). Thanks

E2: Both bugs are solved. Now i will fix the arena bug.

Last edited:
Level 2
The map is really awesome, please make the new version faster the arena bug ruins almost every game :((

Level 4
The new version is soon out. I'm currently doing public beta test of the map for balancing. I think i have solved about eight bugs so I hope the one you talk about also is solved ;). So in a week the new version is out, most likely even faster if no new bug shows up.

Btw whats the difference between defence and defense?? Im not sure what the map shall be namned =) i think it should be defense. Am I right?

Level 2
I think it's the same thing but maybe defense is still better :D

Edit: Well it is the same thing only that americans use defense and british use defence so it's your call (the spellcheck says defence is wrong so go defense :)) )

Level 2
I don't know if you already fixed this but the alchemist won't attack if I buy any orb on him.

Level 2
Ok I just downloaded the last version and wanted to try it in single player first but it didn't start and it didn't even show the players.

Level 2
Wait, sorry about that I downloaded it on my mom's laptop and the warcraft 3 there was a little outdated because it only had patch 1.23. I got back on PC now and everything's alright.

Level 2
Well the map didn't keep the bugfree state for long. The mana shield is bugged, I have it on but both hp and mana go down.
After that another annoying bug is that when the creeps flock around me some of them just ignore me and just pass by >.< or even worse when I usually have the bear summon when the creeps kill the bear they get so happy that they completely forget about me and run fast forward to the finish >.<

Level 2
Well the full ignore happened with the swordmen when I was behind the group and the bear was tanking, and single units ignore were usually the grunts when the group around me was pretty big.

P.S: Since you doubled the cost of transmute maybe you could have halved it's cooldown too since a lot of people will wait till their mana is depleted.

Level 2
lol man this is a good one at round 46 I had mirror as an ulti but the detroyers are immune to magic so I get a wand of illusion every time a clone should appear, there were like 56 wands around me :))) the ai couldn't copy the creep so it gave me the wand to do it myself :))) and btw do the destroyers have some purge or silence ? cuz I just couldn't keep my bloodlust on >.<

Level 4
lol man this is a good one at round 46 I had mirror as an ulti but the detroyers are immune to magic so I get a wand of illusion every time a clone should appear, there were like 56 wands around me :))) the ai couldn't copy the creep so it gave me the wand to do it myself :))) and btw do the destroyers have some purge or silence ? cuz I just couldn't keep my bloodlust on >.<

Fun bug xD, i wrote it up ;).

Level 2
Well it was fun though it almost got me killed xD, anyway looks like the ignore bug appears with all the summons when the hero is a little back behind the creeps. I'm gonna be leaving for a week so take care.

Level 1
I have downloaded this map, and upon trying to try it out I encountered the following problem:

It did not show up in my ingame maps list.
I made absolutely sure that I'm not just overlooking it, I even created an extra folder for it in my maps folder so that it had to be in there, but it did not show up ingame no matter what I did.

Also, trying to right click -> open with -> warcraft 3 will just get me to the title screen instead of running the map, and doing this usually works and starts the map instantly.
And of course, the "open with map editor and click test play" won't work nowadays since every single map that exists just crashes the world editor.

In short:
I am completely unable to run your map because it does not show up in my ingame map list.
I tried multiple different versions from multiple map sites after this one didn't work and they aren't working either.
I have no damn clue why this is happening and it never happened with any other map before, it doesn't make any sense.

Level 4
I have downloaded this map, and upon trying to try it out I encountered the following problem:

It did not show up in my ingame maps list.
I made absolutely sure that I'm not just overlooking it, I even created an extra folder for it in my maps folder so that it had to be in there, but it did not show up ingame no matter what I did.

Also, trying to right click -> open with -> warcraft 3 will just get me to the title screen instead of running the map, and doing this usually works and starts the map instantly.
And of course, the "open with map editor and click test play" won't work nowadays since every single map that exists just crashes the world editor.

In short:
I am completely unable to run your map because it does not show up in my ingame map list.
I tried multiple different versions from multiple map sites after this one didn't work and they aren't working either.
I have no damn clue why this is happening and it never happened with any other map before, it doesn't make any sense.

Hm, sounds very strange to me:/. Can i ask you what you called the file?? Since if the name is too long it wont show up. In other words 'Have you changed the name of the file to something longer?'.

When did you download the map?? If it was this week or almost month it should be no problem. (I had problem with patch 1.24 before)

Also try to have it in the test folder or redownload it from epicwar.com maybe. I have never had this problem so i dont know how to solve it :(. You can also try googleing it. But tell me if you have any progress or not please. Or how you solved it if you manage to do that.

Level 1
File is named: "Custom Hero Arena Defense V.1.04.w3x"
The name isn't that long, and I didn't change it, I've got maps with way longer names running perfectly, so not sure if that's the problem.
I'll try to shorten it and see what happens afterwards though.

I downloaded it the first time yesterday (from here) and that was when I found it didn't show up.
Today I tried to get it running again, and I have already downloaded it from multiple sites, including hiveworkshop, epicwar and a few other minor sites which names I don't remember. It was the same no matter where I got it from.

About folder: It currently is in WC3/maps/Download, where all my maps are. I'll try creating a "test" folder if you think it may help.

And lastly:
I also never had any error of this kind. If I manage to solve it I'll explain how I did it so that anyone who gets a similar error will be able to solve it quickly.

Edit:

Okay, I tried everything you suggested.
Even though I have absolutely NO IDEA why, putting it into a folder named "Test" worked. It now shows up ingame and I can play it without any problems.
Care to tell me why putting the maps in a folder named "Test" makes any difference?

Last edited:
Level 4
Okey, my guess might be that you 1. didnt see it in download (silly i know, btw it is 12 players) 2. Maybe you have too many maps in download folder. Dunno all i can think about. Please write some comments about the map if you test it.

Level 1
Okey, my guess might be that you 1. didnt see it in download (silly i know, btw it is 12 players) 2. Maybe you have too many maps in download folder. Dunno all i can think about. Please write some comments about the map if you test it.

I made absolutely sure that it wasn't just me not seeing it, and it also wasn't the number of maps in the folder.
Previously I tried making a sub-folder in the download folder where only that map was in, and it was still invisible.

The one thing that made a difference in the end was the "Test" folder and putting your map into it (and yes it turns invisible again if I rename the "Test" folder).
Even though I already said that I cannot understand how that makes a difference, it just does.

About your map:
It's a well made map and I did not encounter any major bugs, gameplay was fluent and it was fun, as well as very challenging during the last 20 levels.
I wasn't able to test the arena though because I couldn't gather people on battle.net and had to test in single player.

Level 4
I made absolutely sure that it wasn't just me not seeing it, and it also wasn't the number of maps in the folder.
Previously I tried making a sub-folder in the download folder where only that map was in, and it was still invisible.

The one thing that made a difference in the end was the "Test" folder and putting your map into it (and yes it turns invisible again if I rename the "Test" folder).
Even though I already said that I cannot understand how that makes a difference, it just does.

About your map:
It's a well made map and I did not encounter any major bugs, gameplay was fluent and it was fun, as well as very challenging during the last 20 levels.
I wasn't able to test the arena though because I couldn't gather people on battle.net and had to test in single player.

Good that it worked out for you and that you liked it ;).

Level 1
there is a major bug in 1.06b. after 4th round when arena is suposed to start and your screen is going blac i get a warcraft error every single time. in 1.05 it works fine but in 1.06b it happens no matter what arena i choose. everything else seems well balanced. but still i cant play with peapole because arena crashes the game.