• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Hero Arena 3D Final

Custom Hero Arena 3D
- As the name states, this is a Custom Hero Arena; it is intended to be a multiplayer game.
Heroes:
- There are 84 heroes to pick from, their base stats and stat gains are listed. They are balanced through YEARS of testing.
- You then pick 5 skills for your hero, each from a different category.
- Offensive: Abilities that deal damage. Generally a farming or PvP skill.
- Defensive: While these can be semi-offensive, they are generally geared around your survival.
- Misc: These skills generally go both ways, and are more versatile.
- Innate: A simple ability that automatically levels every 10 levels
- Ultimate: These can be of any nature, but are generally much more powerful than other skills and have longer cooldowns, usually.

- On game start, player 1 can select from a variety of different game types, and modes that work with those game types. After you pick your main game type, you are given more options shops for options available to that specific game type.
- Normal Mode: There are duels every 4ish minutes in which an equal random number of players from each team compete in an arena fight to the death. When not fighting, they are in the "field" where there are various creep camps to kill for gold and experience. Of course, you can also PVP outside of duels. You win by reaching a kill count. You can also enable "Kill Ragnarok" mode, from within this mode; Where to win, you complete various minor quests and have to go through boss fights and kill the final boss. There are still duels and PVP though.
- Team Brawl Mode: There are no creeps. A large area of the map is blocked off and teams are forced to fight in the area. The only way to get back to base is to die. Game is won by hitting a kill count.
- Gladiator Mode: There are no creeps. This is a FFA mode where all the players duke it out in a large arena in a series of rounds. Whoever wins 10 rounds, wins.
- Capture The Flag Mode: Everyone knows what CTF is. There are few creeps in this mode. The flags spawn behind team bases and slow whoever is carrying them. Also, units with a flag cannot become invisible. You return your opponents flag to your base to score a point. You cannot enter your base with a flag if an opponent has your teams flag. Flags cannot be dropped unless you die. X number of flag captures wins the game.
- King of the Hill Mode: Again, a classic. Few creeps spawn. There are 5 hills on the map, which ping every 2 seconds in the color of their owners. You capture hills by standing on them for 15 seconds if neutral, 30 if owned by the other team. You gain points for every hill you have every second. You gain additional points for every hero your team has on a hill every second. More players on a hill, the faster the hill caps.
- Plant the Bomb Mode: Few creeps spawn. A bomb spawns in the center of the map, players must attempt to take it either to the front door, or back of their opponents base, and detonate it. You must stand on the circle with the bomb for 15 seconds to detonate it. Units with the bombs cannot become invisible, have no mana, and are slowed.

Side Notes:
- There are hundreds of items in the game, all of which are balanced around their price. The more expensive an item, the less stats you gain per gold spent. There are no overpowered items.
- Despite the reputation that all "Custom Hero" games have; passives do not always win. Skills in this game are balanced heavily around various parts of the game. Strength, Agility, and Int heroes are all equally usable.
- There is a huge learning curve to this game, like other games. Good players take uphill/downhill into account, attack animation canceling, spell animation canceling, kiting to win, ect.
- There are over 1,000,000,000 possible builds. There are about 100 unique builds. There is no best build. No build can win hands down. There aren't even 10 best builds.
- This map has been in the works for 2 years. In that time there has been about 50 beta edits. There have been ~4000 testers, and easily 50,000 hours of testing.

Credits:
- A list of credits are in the map, so I don't know them all off hand; the credits list was made a good year ago.
- Slayerdragon: His old CHA map inspired me to recreate the entire thing from a blank slate. He had a brilliant idea for a game that he never came close to finishing.
- Vex: I use some systems of his
- Aceheart: Save/load system
- There are a slew of item models I use in the game, and I gave credit in map for them; but am not going to type them all out here.
- The thousands of people who post bugs and suggestions on the CHAO forums.

Anyone interested in CHAR beyond what is offered here, stop by www.chao.forumclan.net We have more information about the game than you can shake a stick at!

===============================================================
Edit 8/2/15
===============================================================

The majority of updates are balance changes reflecting the last major update. Yiff arena rewards have been decreased at lower levels, melee heroes have additional armor, agi and str have faster cast times, so on and so forth. Minor update to bring more playstyle variations out.

Keywords:
Custom Hero Arena, Custom, Hero, Arena, Revolutions, Glorn2, CHA, Best Game Ever, v-bot
Contents

Custom Hero Arena 3D Final (Map)

Reviews
16:02, 6th Nov 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 7
I had a whole bunch; but I reterrained it after taking them, so I have to re-take them all ><

I will try to get a handful to add in the next day or so. We are trying to find a managable youtube resolution set up also; so we can put short replays on youtube; but.. well... To make the file size small enough, a 5 minute video has to be so fuzzy it is hard to read any text.

Level 7
I made it pretty colors for those of your with short attention spans.

I took some screen shots, but really, there isn't much to be seen that cannot be seen by simply booting up the game.

The map (hopefully the newest edit) is hosted on the user "v-bot" pretty much all day, on east and west servers. It occasionally goes down for a few hours a week. However, if you are looking to play it with a group of people, just do a /whois for v-bot. On Euro servers, TNP-Bot hosts it *sometimes, but has had problems lately. It is also hosted on Garena a fair bit. So; it shouldn't be too difficult to test in multiplayer.

Level 22
Alright then...
Time for me to Review it:

Pros:
-Good use of Messages (tells you all there is to know)
-Unique mode selection
-Many items to pick
-Supports Random spells
-Many modes
-Load & Save system
-A Quest menu
-A multiboard
-Quite many heroes

Cons:

-Long loading time, you should try and use some preloading.
-The mode selection can be a little annoying
-The terrain could use some work

Rules:

All rules are followed

Overall I give you a 3,5/4 which returns 4/4 and + Approved.

Last edited:
Level 7
I use both the widgetizer and optomizer.

All of the heroes, items, variables, and abilities are pre-loaded into the map though. If you go through the load (50 seconds for me, 300 seconds is the longest I have ever seen from anyone) you will see that there are a lot of heroes, items, and abilities. The abilities alone add about 15 seconds onto my load time. I am at 35 seconds without them. However, that causes lag spikes when units learn their ability or cast it for the first time. The preloaded heroes are about 5-7 seconds of load time, but without them loaded, it causes lag spikes when you pick your hero. And the items.. well.. there are a couple hundred items preloaded; or else it will lag when someone picks up an item for the first time.

With no preloading at all, my 50 second load time is around 17-20, however, there are so many lag spikes it makes the game unplayable.

Better to have a good map with a long load, than a short load and a laggy map.

Level 7
Isn't waiting 15 seconds the same as waiting 15 seconds? It takes the same time to load either way. I used to have a long intro, and pre-loaded during it. Everyone complained that waiting for the intro was annoying. Either way, people will be waiting the same amount of time in the long run. the downside I found, above all else, with using a short animation, is that it will still lag players while the stuff is preloading; except in that case, the box will pop up saying that a player is lagging, and asking if you want to drop them. This angers players more than saying, "I will make some tea while this map loads... And maybe mow the lawn..."

*It takes the same amount of time to preload during map init as it does to do it when the game starts, right? I preload about 600 things; and unless I use wait timers every 10 actions or so, the actions go to fast and cause people to sit there lagging (so the triggers stop during lag) every other second; which ends up taking more time.

Is there a "Best" way to preload? Maybe I can enhance the way in which I do it to cut an extra 5 seconds off?

Last edited:
Level 22
Preloading as said is basically just to increase in-game performance. Usually all complain about the long loading time instead but if you didn't preload and they actually had to try out without preload they would shit themselves.

I have no idea, maybe if you do it in intervals (not with map ini event), without waits, with timers, the process would focus on the current thing maybe decrease the lagg and the "drop" chance (I know what you are talking about, had the same problem once). But in normal terms, the longer intervals, the less lagg would be provided I think.

I made a little performance test myself, I preloaded all "dummy abilities" that were going to be add after 5 seconds (was about 50 of them). I didn't notice anything, no lagg at all. So maybe you can preload the simple stuff afterwards like "dummy abilities" as an example although I recommend preloading model strings in the map init.

Best way to preload? Nah, you really have to play with it alot, the bigger the map is, the more play it will be.

Level 13
How are you going about pre loading heros? create each one at some point then remove it? and with items give 6 items to a hero then remove it?

Also are you the official maker of this map? I have seen this same game floating around b.net on different bots with different loading screens and slightly different names, but same exact game. just wonderin.

Level 7
I actually load a bunch into a region; maybe 30, then remove them all at once; to cut down on triggers.

With items, I add them to the heroes, then remove them; I believe 1 at a time though. My plan is to add them to the heroes before the heroes are removed; so it all goes away with 1 trigger. Havent gotten around to it yet though >< Think that would save a good few seconds?

Yes, I am the official maker of them map. The various edits you see are all from me. We have been advancing through beta stages over the past year. For a while the terrain was snow; and the loading screen was blue, with illidan on an icy lake. There were 22 beta edits of this though. About 15 of them made it to public play. Check mapgnome, the majority of them are there, with me listed as the creator.

Level 13
Oh ok thats cool, thats also how i do it, it is the best way.
Also you probably dont even need to use triggers to add the items, you can just put them in the heros that are there in that region already if you want, probably alot of work though.

K glad to know it wasn't stolen from ya and being copied and publicly exposed on various bots. Shit like that is sad.

Level 1
tested your map so far...
got to admit, its very good! long time ago that ive tested such a good custom arena style map...

pros:
-lots of custom spells
-lots of heroes to choose from
-lots of custom items
-lots of fun

cons:
-doesnt seem to have a votekick
-wrong description of the -switch command ( "switch a player from the smaller team to the bigger team" ...you probably mean the opposite)
- "-switch" command doesnt let you choose who will be switched
- critmaster skill actually works somehow like a orb effect(other orb effects wont work once this skill is learned)...and it doesnt stack with death strike (dunno if it stacks with drunken brawler)

Level 7
The votekick is a number system, but I intentionally do not include a tip telling people how to use it. I have found (from older edits) that people will kick other players for being bad at the game, or for being very good at the game. Neither, in my opinion, are good enough reasons to kick someone from a game. However, you can type -kick 1 to start a votekick against player 1. -kick 2 for blue, ect. Half+1 must agree to the kick for it to work though. Also, the bots which usually host the map have a votekick system, -votekick *player name. Most people who dont use the bots are playing with friends or use custom kick; so I guess it has never been a problem.
I will change the switch command. I feel silly about that one >< but that is also intentionally random. It was much harder to make it random than allowing people to pick who they wanted switched. Again, through testing, when it wasnt random; switching usually just made the game more imbalanced in some way or another. Not many people on B-net will play a game to be fair, they play to win, easily. Nothing is more fair than random.

I'm not positive (will have to check) but I think crit master says not to pick death strike with it. It is a 100% chance to crit, which means that it is subject to the game mechanics of crits. Crits stack, err, gain priority in the order of which they are obtained. If you gain a crit before putting a point into crit mastery, then crit mastery over rides it. If you level crit mastery first, and then level other crits, those crits will over ride crit mastery when they proc. An item is considered obtained every time you pick it up. So, if you have an item with crit, then get crit master, crit master will over ride it. If you drop the item and pick it up, it will then over ride crit master.
On ranged, crits are considered spells. As are bashes. Not spell damage, note the distinction. however, a ranged unit cannot crit on a unit who is immune to spells. Because this is considered a spell, it will over-ride orb affects. the backstab damage from windwalk, which is considered a crit, is the same thing. A slow orb will not slow from the first strike out of windwalk.

Getting off topic, but, game mechanics control a lot of the potential problems in my map. When I release my final 2 edit, in 6-8 months or so (Gonna be a huge spell pack, and new heroes and modes and such) I plan to remake most of my skills which are limited by the WC3 engine, using triggers.

thanks for all of your positive feedback as well ^,^

Level 1
I have found (from older edits) that people will kick other players for being bad at the game, or for being very good at the game. Neither, in my opinion, are good enough reasons to kick someone from a game.
true but having a very annoying lagger who minilaggs all 20-30 secs with refusing to leave is also very frustrating (half of the players left thanks to that %&$/)

I'm not positive (will have to check) but I think crit master says not to pick death strike with it.
im pretty sure its not mentioned, also it should be mentioned that no orb effects will work with it.

Getting off topic, but, game mechanics control a lot of the potential problems in my map. When I release my final 2 edit, in 6-8 months or so (Gonna be a huge spell pack, and new heroes and modes and such) I plan to remake most of my skills which are limited by the WC3 engine, using triggers.
sounds awesome ! :D

Level 7
With a bot hosted game, you can still votekick, as with any bot. Without a bot hosted game, the players countdown timer wont reset, and will count all the way down and you can drop them. Or, you can attempt to figure out the -kick 3 system, to vote to kick teal.

I had a lot of problems with people kicking people for stupid reasons in older edits. So far, I haven't had a single complaint about not being able to kick someone; other than people throwing "What-if" situations out there. I will take a "what-if" over a mailbox full of people asking me to ban other people, because they got kicked for winning, or losing, or stealing a boss kill.

Level 7
There is another un-advertised "mode" in the game; that only red can use, and is intended for extreme situations only. Red can type -lagless and it removes a vast majority of doodads and such from the game. There are still some people playing the game on P3 processors and 128mb of RAM; and it helps those people. Cant help with internet lag though. I don't advertise the option though because, well... Trees and stuff provide cover when trying to field PVP, or when maneuvering in the arena. But, there are a few hundred people who know it.

^^This isn't a cure all; but another way to try to help laggers without resorting to kicking them.

Level 7
Because I have finished with the project, for the most part... I have started work on a new project, based very heavily on this one.
Custom Hero Arena Line Wars
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/custom-hero-arena-line-wars-182566/
I am testing to see how willing people are to change over the types of games they play; if they dont have to relearn items, heroes, abilities, ect.

I am also starting up a custom version of Castle VS Castle; when I finish CHALW.

CHAR wont be updated for 6-8 months unless we find a major bug or imbalance in it. I plan to add a pack of heroes and spells in 6-8 months, and maybe have it re-terrained by a professional. That and fixing a lot of smaller things, like the things that came up in this thread.

Level 1
I have been playing Cha for nearly 3 years I am happy to see a new version.But as a custom games player this is one of the most balanced maps out there, especially since there are so many variables in the map.

Level 1
glorn will you continue with the custom hero arena line wars¿?...
also.. this map its very balanced...
the high ms gives you chance to get flags, great str let you tank, great int is good to nuke, ALL balanced items, i still dont get one item stronger than others =P(i mean cost/power)

can i ask you how the spell defence reduction aura works?¿

i wait for more updates soon :)

Level 7
The line wars is dead in the water until we can get a bot to host it regularly. It is at the stage where mass feedback is what is needed to balance it. Sadly, the player numbers just aren't there, and of our two bots, one is usually down.

The spell defense aura is pretty simple, It is just a dummy aura that does nothing, except grant the buff. There is a trigger that runs every .2 seconds, removing the dummy ability from all units, then picking all of the units in the auras range of anyone who has the ability, and adding a spell reduction ability to them, based on the level of the aura. In simple terms, it is the same thing as the ultimate "Weak Constitution" except with positive values, rather than negative. The values do not stack with spell reduction from items though; the highest value will override.

The only continued updates to this map will be small skill balances. I am finally planning the move to SC2; because their editor has so much more room for expansion.

Level 3
-fritzoman's map review/rating-
*Please note I am not a moderator and this is not the official rating of the map, this is my personal opinion to help the map creator improve on his creation.
*If you have a problem with what I have laid out in this review or you have found any errors please send me a private message stating the problem.

Date:
11/12/2011

Map Name:
Custom Hero Arena Revolutios2 Final

Map Creator:
Glorn2

Map Version:
Beta 10 (Final)

Rating Systems:
RatingNumberRank
187282-albums5281-picture53926.jpg
1/5Needs Work
187282-albums5281-picture53927.jpg
2/5Okay
187282-albums5281-picture53928.jpg
3/5Average
187282-albums5281-picture53929.jpg
4/5Very Good
187282-albums5281-picture53930.jpg
5/5Excellent

NumberRank
5/25 - 9/25Needs Work
10/25 - 14/25Okay
15/25 - 19/25Average
20/25 - 24/25Very Good
25/25Excellent

All maps are rated on 5 different areas and can gain a total maximum rating of 25. (5 ratings per area)

Gameplay:
- Overall gameplay of the map.

Terrain:
- How well is the terrain created.

Flexibility:
- How many different options players have within the map.

Ideas:
- Uniqueness of the map's idea.

User friendliness:
- How easy it is to manipulate through the game. How precise the spelling and grammar is.

Official Ratings:

Gameplay: 5/5
187282-albums5281-picture53930.jpg

+Very amusing, entertained me for hours trying to create builds and challenge friends.
+Challenging and rewarding.
+Awesome save/load system implementation.

Terrain: 4/5

+Great terrain.
+Set out beautifully to be even for each side.
+Extensive area to travel around.
-Random objects placed everywhere. (Not my style but some people may like it)

Flexibility: 4/5

+Massive amounts of heros and endless builds and possibilities.
+Heaps of items and recipes.
-Kicks a player if AFK for 2 minutes, needs to be longer. (I went to get something to drink and got kicked)

Ideas: 3/5
187282-albums5281-picture53928.jpg

+Great implementation of picking the modes. (Unique)
+Multiple areas with bosses, items and secrets.
-Map idea has been made a few times. (But this is the best one so far)

User friendliness: 4/5

+Explains all the functions players require in great detail.
+Perfect spelling, grammar and punctuation throughout the map.
-Did not understand what the Peon was for, need to explain somewhere in the map. (I know it probably has a good function)
-Lacks map information, functions and explanations in the F9 'Quests' tab.

Overall Map Rating:

20/25 - Very Good!

fritzoman's Final Comment:
Very fun and entertaining map, as said above I was playing with friends for hours trying to find all the functions and secrets. All heros are perfectly balanced which makes for excellent gameplay. I Recommend downloading this map and playing with friends. Nice work Glorn2!

Last edited:
Level 3
Nice, man! I wanted to play something like this

...Dude your map needs to be optimized..It takes AGES to load!!! And the map is only 1mb...

Level 7
it is; I use both a widgetizer and optomizer. Combined, they cut the loading time down by about 40%. I preload all of the items, units, and abilities into the game. there was a discussion about on pages 1 and two. Without preloading, you have lag spikes all game. Lag spikes can cause you to screw up. Waiting an extra minute to play an hour long game is worth it, I promise.

Level 7
Level 7
Not sure if anyone here plays this game actively, but based on the number of downloads, hopefully some people do. soooo:

We have started (again, for the 4th time) weekly games nights of this. Using whatever people show up, and occasionally some not-too-shabby pubs, we play big team games. Usually we go for Team Brawl, King of the Hill, or Capture the flag (dark modes). Sometimes we play regular games; and we play games until there aren't enough people left to get bigger games going.

It is a lot of fun, and you don't need to be very good at the game to do well. Generally we have team leaders, and teamwork goes a lot further than pure skill.

The times:
Our aim is Fridays, 6 PM until whenever. That is our official day. Any given day of the week when we have a lot of people active, we get these going also.

Just stop by Channel Clan CHAO on US-East if you have any questions, or want to join in our big games.

Level 1
I hope you can improve the crit stats, % and multiplier of some, like combat mastery, death strike and Crit master. The lower levels are too weak.

Level 7
Indeed, the lower levels are weak. the reason though is that late game, these are the strongest abilities in the game. Usually around mid game (level 24 or so) is when they start to pick up. If these skills were made more powerful early, they would have to be weakened later; so they would not be OP. In doing that, the ability wouldn't be worth leveling up. Most people who use the crits, use a strong early-game pull ability, and rely on these for later game DPS.

Level 7
Just a free bump to announce that this map has been added to Blink Gaming Network's bot hosting list. Games fill fast now that the host bots can actually be seen on the list (come on, no one can be against botting still; it is the only way to get a map seen on the game list; and is still by far better than the sc2 system). Anyone who may have given up on the map due to the time it took to fill a lobby; come back and give it a shot again! Channel clan CHAO, people set up bot games all day. Sad, we do not have auto-hosting on BGN yet; they want us to prove it would be worth their while for free auto-hosting bots by first getting a lot of game time in from manually hosting. A pain; but c'mon, do it. do it!

Another free plug: In my sig is a link to SC2 CHA, minor updates there for anyone who has made the terrible, terrible transition over; a lot more info on my forum www.chao.forumclan.net

Level 7
While the kinks are being worked out with patch 1.5 and I cross my fingers that SC2 will someday have a custom gaming community again; I have come back to do some work on my map. Sc2 editing from scratch, and learning to be efficient as possible has show me just how many script improvements this map can use to increase performance. The map updated on here simply has a lot of minor skill tweaks to make the least used skills more viable for various heroes and classes. Most changes were below a 5% change.

I will be recreating... yet again... Custom Hero Arena. "But Glorn, how can it be fun to make the same game 4 times?" Shhhhh, shhhhh, ....shhhhhh...." Just know that there is going to be a large skill and hero pack added to the game; so all suggestions for those are being taken at this time.

Level 4
i didnt test this particular version now but theres something ive wanted to suggest, some kinda AoS mode with 2 simple lanes with creeps spawning that upgrade over time equal to the heroes strenght, with the portals to the usual mini bosses for items. could be fun

Level 7
I have made a custom hero arena line wars; as a weekend project for fun. I imagine an AoS would be quite a bit easier. I actually made an AOS map in 24 hours in sc2; as a demo map for a friend. While it is something I could add; I have always maintained that I do not like DoTA, and that CHA is in no way a reflection of DoTA. I will however run the idea through the community, and see what they would think. I wouldn't want my personal feelings to get in the way of a good idea ^_^

Also, a maintained bug list can be found at http://chao.forumclan.net/t1472p15-cha-3d-bugs#19846
all bugs are repaired as they are found. Clan ENT has put CHA on an auto hosting bot, ENT62 which is usually pretty active.

Level 4
played the map now a couple of times and i somehow feel like some skills are missing, cant find any real purpose in some spells no matter how hard i tried xd (for example summons, seems unnecessary and weak to me)

Level 7
What skills do you feel are missing? I am always interested in adding new skills to the game. Almost every skill that WC3 has is in there; along with 50 or so trigger based skills.

the skills are balanced around the game, mostly by player feedback, and my own personal testing and playing. Many of the skills haven't had their values altered by more than 5% in the past 2 years (though there have been hundreds of minor skill changes in that time). There are a handful of really top notch players, including myself, who play this game and use every skill under dozens of conditions. Skills are based a lot on synergy and potential. While you may not like the skeletal army you picked; combined with crits and bashes... If you combine them with puppet master, overpowering aura, and items that grant auras; they are considered overpowered by players who cannot counter them. With proper equipment and skills, summons can take down a level 40 hero with 20,000 HP in about 20 seconds.

there are other skills (like invisibility, hibernate, dust storm) that are considered very situational. These are normally the skills that people will complain about being "useless". Though, they too have uses in team games.

If you would like some general tips to optimize your playing, stop by channel clan chao on US-East and someone there should be able to teach you something fun.

Level 6
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD! Do you realise, that you made ready for use good quality mobs for RPG maps?! Most rpgs maps have like some dull mobs and make me quit after 5-10 min, but the mobs in here made me wana pve. xd
I play only single player btw, there was no AI.

Level 5
I played your map, and enjoyed it. It's different from the games I usually play. I believe you should add AI, and more custom abilities. Maybe I could make you some custom abilities aswell. Game straight forward, yet playing with friends was pretty damn fun/funny.

Last edited:
Level 7
@Metalbear: I wouldn't go so far as to consider my creeps "RPG worthy" but I do like to keep the variety in there. It adds some content to the game; and depending on your build; some creeps are more painful than others. Sadly, it is a team based game; or at least a multiplayer based game. There is a mode called "kill ragnarok mode" you can play multiplayer; which is a race to play through the "storyline" of the game.

@Evident Pain: I am always looking for balanced abilities that do not put too much strain on the system. I wish I could add an advanced AI; however AI and the custom skills system do not work together. It would be incredibly painful to try to make an AI for the game. I do however; plan to add a single-build AI; just for people to test against. Not sure how well it will ever work though.

Thank you both for your interest in the game ^_^

Level 1
Have you ever thought about a single player mode with ai you only face in duels? So here's my idea you select the mode single player it will have the duel timer but no opposing bot. When the timer expires and its time to duel you face a bot in the duel. If you win 6 duels you win the game.

Duel 1 Bot: Level 8 prince of light L3 tents, L1 divine shield,L3 AMS, bonus hp, wrath of hell
Items: mystic cloak,crown of goddess, hp potion, mana potion

Duel 2: Level 13 demon hunter L7 pulverize, L3 static shock, L2 poison sting, 20% crit, avatar
Items: cloak of fox, shielding staff, mastery ring, timebender gauntlet, greater orb of stone, hp potion

Im drawing a blank but something along those lines would be pretty cool. The idea is to have it be challenging as the bosses will have higher levels and possibly better items then your average player.

This way you dont have to worry about finding a balance between a bot being overely agressive (chasing until its point of doom) or being too passive (running away when its hp reaches a certain point regardless if it happens to be winning the confrontation).