• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

CSW - Orc Great Hall (+ Upgrades)

274241-1f31cc97e6c73ad0bd27cf7c9649f65e.png

The start of "many" asset bundles made for CSW.

credits:
- Modelled by me
- Animation by @Tamplier
Contents

CSW - Orc Fortress (T3) (Model)

CSW - Orc Great Hall (T1) (Model)

CSW - Orc Stronghold (T2) (Model)

Reviews
Ardenaso
groan I really don't like having to open the Import Manager just to type stuff in the paths in the current year of 2024 anyway, it's good and I RECOMMEND it for HIGH QUALITY, please make a reupload of a different version where the path prefixes are...

ShadiHD

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 31
My only gripe is that the fortress looks less bulky than the stronghold. Guess the skull could be bigger or the overall thing thicker.

I wanted to include the lava river in the building, otherwise it wouldn't work, you have to keep balance of assets properly distributed.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
You don't have to thicken the fortress if it can simply be zoomed in already in game until it's big enough on all 3 axes
Seems to me it's as big as the others in both X and Y due to the circular ground piece it sits on but not the building itself, the stuff that stands on this round rock formation/mound. However, where the stronghold is bigger as a whole, as one structure, the fortress compensates with the high spires, so it's good I guess. However, I was comparing these with the original from Warcraft II when I mentioned the size matter.

Level 12
I know those are based on the WC2 building upgrades, but lvl 1, 2 and 3 feel like a banana, a peeled banana, and a chocolate cake. I can make sense of the first two, but the third upgrade?

Level 16
I know those are based on the WC2 building upgrades, but lvl 1, 2 and 3 feel like a banana, a peeled banana, and a chocolate cake. I can make sense of the first two, but the third upgrade?
It is what it is, that's how it was in WC2.
1705444000043.png

Really great job on these, guys! A wonderful recreation of the WC2 sprites with a modern twist.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
groan I really don't like having to open the Import Manager just to type stuff in the paths in the current year of 2024

anyway, it's good and I RECOMMEND it

for HIGH QUALITY, please make a reupload of a different version where the path prefixes are cleaned up; and reduce the decay rubble, they take sizeable amount of space