• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crystal Ice Cliff

DSgamer;2306707 said:
The higher up you go in the mountains, the colder it gets. Sometimes, even the cliffs get cover by blocks of ice. Here's my request - A crystal-ish Icy cliff doodad. Custom textures are RECOMMENDED as it will be used with a lot of other High Res doodads. I have drawn the reference picture myself so the closer it is to that, the better. +rep will be given, as well as credits. If the work is of good quality, you will receive additional bonuses such as early beta access and/or a NPC named after you AND, if you want, voiced by you. If possible, optimize the texture(s)

PS, make the top covered by white snow ;)

I HAVE PROVIDED TWO DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF ICE
IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO USE ALL 4 TEXTURE FILES, READ BELOW

File Content
  • CrysIceCliff.mdx: Actual model (Texture files TBSIceCliff.blp, TBSIceCliff2.blp)
  • CrysIceCliff_Portrait.mdx: Less saturated ice (Texture files TBSIceCliffW.blp, TBSIceCliff2W.blp)

212788-albums5632-picture67885.jpg

223928-albums5949-picture67889.jpg

Keywords:
ice, frost, cliff, block, blue, mountain, claw, cube, northrend, snow, spike, solid, freeze
Contents

Crystal Ice Cliff (Model)

Crystal Ice Cliff (Model)

Reviews
13:24, 22nd Apr 2013 Misha: those two look quite useful, but i wonder if you could be deleting those polys on the very bottom of both? i doubt anyone is going to go below terrain level to see the bad wrap :P oh and, lill question, requester said...

M

13:24, 22nd Apr 2013
Misha: those two look quite useful, but i wonder if you could be deleting those polys on the very bottom of both? i doubt anyone is going to go below terrain level to see the bad wrap :p

oh and, lill question, requester said 'snow on top' ..?

works nicely ingame, approved :smile:

Level 14
4/5 just because it's too dark-blue ice. If you put it to more neutral color, people can adjust it by tinting it blueish. Right now on screenshot 1 it doesn't blend with the map and tinting wont help it.

edit: ok nevermind I just noticed the second version which imo is much better.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Looks very good. :)
Where can i find the stone models you used in the first image? :3

Those are a retextured version of B2M's High Res. Rocks. Currently, I am the only one who has them but I am not allowed to upload them anywhere as the original author has forbidden it. If you want to though, I could send them to you. Just PM with your skype or email.

Also, I really like how the crystals turned out. You are very talented mate.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Yep, the first one is more cartoonish while the other has a bit more realistic feeling to it. It can also, I've found, be tinted in a way that it looks green-ishly brown and may fit a forest as well. Before you say it wouldn't fit, play the Zerus SC2 HotS missions :D

Level 3
Those are a retextured version of B2M's High Res. Rocks. Currently, I am the only one who has them but I am not allowed to upload them anywhere as the original author has forbidden it. If you want to though, I could send them to you. Just PM with your skype or email.

Also, I really like how the crystals turned out. You are very talented mate.

I would love if you sent them to me :)