• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crystal Building

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Crystal Tower Base on Arcane Vault.

Keywords:
Crystal, Building, Shop, Tower
Contents

Crystal Building (Model)

Reviews
Misha 16th Aug 2013 Moderator's Review: ugh.. that ring is totally undefined.. try to rewrap it plane by plane, it'll give a lot more detail. also do something more about the birth animation, something needs to happen in it, beside the...

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
16th Aug 2013
Moderator's Review:

ugh.. that ring is totally undefined.. try to rewrap it plane by plane, it'll give a lot more detail.
also do something more about the birth animation, something needs to happen in it, beside the dust
and, if those 4 little crystals are supposed to be shards, then make them irregular shape, pointy, and imbed them in the ground at various angles, perhaps a little further from their current position
and lastly. those pillars that have the chain on them, they totally don't need a bottom plane

Oh, now this is a nice model, but I'm don't like the ring very much. To me it looks a tad too thick. Also something else that bothers me is how much the ring moves and crystal barely hovers - you should make the crystal sort of follow the ring (don't make it synchronised because then it'd look weird) and not just stand there.

Also, another thing you should consider would be to make the orbiting runes attachment points instead of having their own FX. This way people can put their own runes/other effects there and give the model customisation options.

Finally, you should probably add team colour to the ring (maybe like with the Arcane Sanctum), and possibly a faint glow under the crystal that intensifies when the crystal moves closer to the ground.