• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

CryptFiend.blp

I wanted to make something like Blizzards Nerubian Warrior in WoW :p.

Paths: units\Undead\CryptFiend\CryptFiend.blp
Textures\Cryptfiend.blp

Keywords:
Nerubian, Warrior, Crypt, Fiend, Creep
Contents

Nerubian Warrior (Texture)

Reviews
17:25, 28th Sep 2009 67chrome: This skin could use more polishing and finishing touches, though it still looks all right and seems to be generating a small fan base as well. I approve of this skin :)

M

17:25, 28th Sep 2009
67chrome: This skin could use more polishing and finishing touches, though it still looks all right and seems to be generating a small fan base as well. I approve of this skin :)

Level 38
The metallic parts seem a little light, you need to add much more shading to them. The body is very dark, you need to add more highlights to it. Overall you need more contrast, as this skin looks incredibly flat right now.

Also, it looks like the portrait wraps the face a little differently than the full sized model, work with the face for the portrait as that is all anyone will really see it in, or at least much more frequently than on the in-game model.

The team color looks rather sloppy right now, see if you can incorporate it into the skin rather than having it drastically contrast with and sit on top of the skin.

Level 4
Its good but i an see the original nerubian on it :sad: to me it kinda looks like u slapped color on certain spots and added team color, good effort tho

unwrap looks better than the model skin to me

Level 38
Looks like a very dark blob now :/

When WC3 uses textures it doesn't use as many colors as Photoshop has access to, it uses a lot less. If your texture is very close in tone all of your shading will literally be nonexistent. You need to have highlights and shading. Also, the "shading" on the face mask seems a little inconsistent and awkward for a single piece of metal, keep in mind how it is going to wrap on the skin when you are shading it, as well as the light source, which in the case of WC3 is from above.

Level 9
I think you should have used a white background in the screenshot. It would have made it more visible that way.. Otherwise, it's a rather good skin, and pretty useful.
4/5 Recommended

Level 38
Hmm - shading and highlights could still use a lot of work. The minimal changes you are doing to it reminds me of how I started with one of my skins. If you are using a screenshot of the nerubian warrior try to keep in mind that different lighting environments can make drastic changes on how much highlights there are on models, usually making them less noticeable and less colorful. So I want you to make the contrast of this model more extreme to counter-balance this.

Here is a picture of a Nerubian warrior without interference from in-game lighting :)
NerubianWarrior2.jpg
Notice how the highlights on the metal go to white, and the shadows on the beast's underside go to black. Each portion of the skin also has a large tonal range, changing very noticeably from a light to a much darker tone, or vise versa.

Level 38
Any plans on updating this? Your pretty close to getting it to a level were I can approve it, mostly you need to work on having a greater differance between the highlights and shading of this skin, some finishing touches such as making the armor pieces look as though they are overlapping one another would be nice to see on this as well :)

Level 9
It looks sloppy at first glance. However, it seems acceptable and the face looks awesome :D However, I've never seen the WoW Nerubian Warrior, so I can't really make the similarity critique. 4.5/5 Highly Recommended