1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Cryptbeast.blp

Submitted by sacridshadow
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Noting the lack of Undeadness the crypt fiend have, I decided to make it more "dead looking". Critique and feesback is appreciated.

Please do not distribute or edit without my permission. And please give credit to sacridshadow if you use this.

Keywords:
crypt, fiend, nerub, nerubian, spider, undead, dead, bandages, monster
Contents

Cryptbeast.blp (Texture)

Reviews
15:37, 27th Jun 2008 Werewulf: Look, all i see is cnp and poor shading, the skin doesnt look that different from the orignal besides the odd extra bandage and red stuff. The skin section is for complete skins, do not use them as a critique thread.
  1. 15:37, 27th Jun 2008
    Werewulf: Look, all i see is cnp and poor shading, the skin doesnt look that different from the orignal besides the odd extra bandage and red stuff. The skin section is for complete skins, do not use them as a critique thread.

2. varsaigen

varsaigen

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Nice. I like the bandage textures u gave it. Makes it look older and appears to have decay. I see a bold line on his abdomen that I think needs to have two bandages to get rid of the slash in it. It's just a bold, black line from what I can tell.

3. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Not bad. I don't really understand who would bandage a giant spider, but this skin looks good.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  4. Grog50

Grog50

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    looks good! I love the hairs! 4/5
    the shading on the bandages look kinda wierd

5. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Right..so you added more bandages? so what?

6. FrIkY

FrIkY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    You did not 100% freehanded it as you said, there are some bandages that are cnp and his spider body is the same

2/5 this needs more work then just more bandages

7. Legrandray

Legrandray

Resources:
    Resources:
    this a nice skin ! and it's original =D

8. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Make him decay and bloody and i will use it.(dont worry im not sadistic!)

9. GrimmReaper_VI

GrimmReaper_VI

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome! Just what I've been looking for :wink:
    An even more dead-looking version of the crypt fiend! Good work! 10/10 :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

10. varsaigen

varsaigen

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I think that thing is an automatic message or something that managed to get attached because it says, "Please give credit to sacridshadow if you use this in your map"

11. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think that he just CnP'ed it from the read me(which nobody reads) :slp:

12. Insaniac69

Insaniac69

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes it does seem more undead, but not that much of a difference.

13. Someguy19

Someguy19

Resources:
    Resources:
    God damn, why do people keep spamming smilies? As I said before, two smilies are enough.
    Anyway, the skin is lacking, 3/5 from me.

14. varsaigen

varsaigen

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    well, I found that he did copy from the read me claiming "It makes it look better". >.>

But instead of just saying "it's bad" why not also tell him what to do to make it better?

15. sacridshadow

sacridshadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    Please tell me how I can improve on this. I also found out that the readme is automatic. And yes, I looked at the model again and saw some CnP parts from sections I had finished. I will fix that if neccessary.

And PLEASE give feedback, I need to know what needs improvement so you guys will like it.

Edit: Sorry for the gray background. I have changed he fur on the abdomen and the tusks and feet have been given a "cracked" look. Persoally, it looks like dry dirt, but, that's just what I see. Please give me ideas of what and how to improve. Thx!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  16. varsaigen

varsaigen

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The readme isn't automatic, sacrid. I don't see it in mine. And you should redo the CnP parts, like the hairs by followinga hair tutorial. Trust me. If you do it right, it would look awesome.

17. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sigh*
    Its been said, adding more bandages isnt going to make this skin get approved. Add more and make it look distinctly different from the original or i wont approve it.

18. varsaigen

varsaigen

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    He is tring to improve it. But he also wants to know what it is that he should improve. :/
    So far, he hasn't been told what needs improving other than "his skin".

19. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe make it more with flesh blood and gore? that will sure improve the skin.