• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crypt + Surroundings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I looked around the forum and came across the "Ultimate Terrian Map" So i thought i would give it a go and try and do some terrian after many years of not.

Its not gonig to be a "wow" facter here as i not done terrian in a good long while.

I have two scren shots, of the same angel, Picture one: Small Tress surrond the crypt, Picture two: Large trees surround the crypt

I Would like all feedback, weather you have bad or good things to say. You dont build a building with lies.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 207
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 221
Level 1
Something, like this?

Im afraid i do not know how to get rain and fog at the same time.

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 218
Level 4
Get rid of the white stuff and the mini-map, simply go to Window and then uncheck all of them except for Show Pallates. And commenting on the terrain... It's doodads dont really mix and you have a tree growing on rocks and its also placed on a steep hill. You should also add some enviroment doodads around the trees.

Level 34
By fog, Oziris means Distance Fog. It is under Scenario - Map Options. Enable the fog, set it to the color you want, and play with the Z-Star and Z-Finish.

Not a bad terrain. Pretty good, although it seems too random. As if you just threw it together trying to put cool stuff in it. Give it some cohesion.

Level 36
I have some criticism. Although it looks pretty nice, it could use a bit of work.

Hmm it looks a little all over the place, like you used one of each doodad and a lot of the doodads just don't make sense. I personally hate that specific "azshara tree" model. And what's with the one really big tree and then the really small one?
Some terrainers really emphasize using doodad/tile variation, and although some is needed, it can't be all over the place. Some consistency is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.