• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crossover

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Binsu
「Crossover」

By bantutin11

Gameplay
[tr]
This is a crossover between two races this where the shocks come along the massive undead crawls here the last time but the humans drove them off you will face the other race and select other race fight to the end
map unprotected
a normal melee map
The gold mine is only single for both players has 9999999 capacity

Credits
[tr]
made by me only

Changelog
[tr]
N/A
Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
melee
Contents

Crossover (Map)

Reviews
21:36, 5th Aug 2014 Hell_Master: Map rated 1/5 (Unacceptable) and is Awaiting Update (hoping that you'll improve this, if not, then goes to the Rejection). See my review below regarding the map: Orcnet: Not yet ready for an upload.

M

21:36, 5th Aug 2014
Hell_Master: Map rated 1/5 (Unacceptable) and is Awaiting Update (hoping that you'll improve this, if not, then goes to the Rejection). See my review below regarding the map:

Hell_Master;2567700 said:
Melee map needs large improvements. I would suggest you to read different melee maps tutorials around here, it would definitely help you out. But I would also like to give my own thought regarding this map, what's the use of me commenting here without giving a single criticism, no?

Anyway, first, the terrain. It looks unnatural, empty and flat. The way you placed those River Rushes. It's best you replace them with a bush or some custom grass model around here the hive and they seem to be placed too straight as well, it would be best randomizing them. Your terrain as well just consist of should we say a grass and a little of some doodads? Use the doodads given to you to its fullest. There is no limit to what you can create so in the first place, don't limit yourself. Place some more rocks on the sides together with trees but do not spam them, it gives unwanted results. Some grasses scattered in the map would do too, do not spam as well though. The terrain should also have some variations in tiles. Again, do not limit yourself to a single or two tiles which is the grass and that blight tiles. Place some dark grasses and dirt together with the grasses. That's about my thoughts but there is more to it that you can improve by a lot.

As for the melee map itself which is the second, there are many things wrong with it. The item drops should be randomized and not fixed. Use Random Level Items as drops and make sure to fit with the creep's level. You don't want to give a Random Level 5 Permanent item drop to a Level 1 creep, don't you? The base for the red seems to be bigger than the blue which you should fix and as a tip, avoid placing too much doodads and props along the bases because it can affect the building spaces for your base. As for the creeps and creep camps, it seems to be fine but the creep camps could use some work. This is somewhat related to terrain but you should place some more dooodads and props around the creep camps but again and again, do not spam. Lastly, the neutral buildings. Red player seems to be having a slight disadvantage with Blue seeing that most buildings are on the Blue player's side. I would suggest that you balance it out.

Overall, I would rate this 1/5 in its state. I hope you'll improve this seeing that I have given you a review here.

Orcnet: Not yet ready for an upload.

Level 30
Melee map needs large improvements. I would suggest you to read different melee maps tutorials around here, it would definitely help you out. But I would also like to give my own thought regarding this map, what's the use of me commenting here without giving a single criticism, no?

Anyway, first, the terrain. It looks unnatural, empty and flat. The way you placed those River Rushes. It's best you replace them with a bush or some custom grass model around here the hive and they seem to be placed too straight as well, it would be best randomizing them. Your terrain as well just consist of should we say a grass and a little of some doodads? Use the doodads given to you to its fullest. There is no limit to what you can create so in the first place, don't limit yourself. Place some more rocks on the sides together with trees but do not spam them, it gives unwanted results. Some grasses scattered in the map would do too, do not spam as well though. The terrain should also have some variations in tiles. Again, do not limit yourself to a single or two tiles which is the grass and that blight tiles. Place some dark grasses and dirt together with the grasses. That's about my thoughts but there is more to it that you can improve by a lot.

As for the melee map itself which is the second, there are many things wrong with it. The item drops should be randomized and not fixed. Use Random Level Items as drops and make sure to fit with the creep's level. You don't want to give a Random Level 5 Permanent item drop to a Level 1 creep, don't you? The base for the red seems to be bigger than the blue which you should fix and as a tip, avoid placing too much doodads and props along the bases because it can affect the building spaces for your base. As for the creeps and creep camps, it seems to be fine but the creep camps could use some work. This is somewhat related to terrain but you should place some more dooodads and props around the creep camps but again and again, do not spam. Lastly, the neutral buildings. Red player seems to be having a slight disadvantage with Blue seeing that most buildings are on the Blue player's side. I would suggest that you balance it out.

Overall, I would rate this 1/5 in its state. I hope you'll improve this seeing that I have given you a review here.

Level 30
The map is not really meant to be uploaded right now, its too simple and draft on an quick scale, you might want to take some tutorials here on our site about making melee maps and the do's and don'ts of the topic.

For now its best if its uploaded.