• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cresent Moon ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Crescent Moon ORPG

Crescent Moon
ORPG

OK so I'll be working on this very much so~ I think a Map Development Thread should be started.

MADE A MAP DEVELOPMENT THREAD HERE

Foreword

Well I've been playing Twilight's Eve a lot lately and very much enjoying it.(For those who don't know, it's a custom warcraft 3 ORPG)I had so much fun that I decided to make my own ORPG, being Crescent Moon ORPG.

I started thinking about posting it here maybe three days ago (more or less) but due to the fact that I had personal stuff to do and also due to the fact I posted another project months ago that basically I couldn't even start. It was too big for me to handle so anyway I posted it now (YAY), about the project...

About the Project

As of now I'm still working on the story but to give you an idea of what I came up with, here are some details:

It was a flash of light...Then the world just broke into pieces. No one really knew how or why...or what could have caused such devastation...But, it has been written...

"The world will be shattered and steered asunder by the blinding light of Pandora. And it will be cleansed by the great fire of cleansing, the fire of Epta. The seven shall not defeat the seven, the keys shall be hidden. The great cleansing is at hand."

Ok so I changed the story a bit...still working on it

Multi-Map ORPG - So like the name implies, Crescent Moon will have several Maps to play through, each with it's levels of difficulty. Maps will be signified with their City/Town or maybe an epic dungeon.

The first Map will be "Crescent Moon ORPG - Crescendo" Crescendo being the main city featured in the map.

Save/Load - Well of course we need a save/load, without it no one can transfer to different maps which will be a great aspect of the game.

Combo System - Crescent Moon will feature a combo system, that for every 3 attacks done successfully in a row, there will be a chance to do either:

Rapid Combo: At this state the attacker will deal rapid blows on a target and knocking it back.

Charge Combo: At this state the the attacker will charge for X seconds then unleash a powerful blow knicking the target back.

Magic Combo Anyone?

Party System
- I'm thinking of making a party system where you can create a party with a maximum of three players. This is also essential to some quests that will require a group of three.

MORE TO COME

A cunning warrior that uses two swords in hand, capable of performing fast attacks in quick succession.

Weapon Type: Dual Sword
Armor Type: Light Armor

Primary Attribute: Agility
Strength:
Agility:
Intelligence:
Movement Speed:

Abilities:

Blade Rush – Rush towards a target knocking back all enemy units along its path of striking the target. When the target is hit, it will take damage and knocks the target back.

Air Strike – Attacks a target sending it in the air, then jumps and attacks the target again sending him back down.

Masters of sword play, deftly wielding one long sword, with a balance between speed and strength, perfect hybrid.

Weapon Type: Blade

Primary Attribute: Stregnth
Strength:
Agility:
Intelligence:
Movement Speed:

Abilities:

Cleave – Slashes his sword dealing damage to enemies in front of him.

A maiden of nature that carries with her magical songs that can either soothe or spell doom to any who might hear it.

Weapon Type: Staff
Armor Type: Robe

Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Strength:
Agility:
Intelligence:
Movement Speed:

Abilities:

Curatio Carmen – Sings a soothing song that heals allies that hear her.

Mitis Carmen – Sings a gentle song that enchants enemy units discouraging them to attack.

Audacia Carmen – Sings a song that inspires allied units, giving them increased movement and attack speed.

Senium Carmen – Sings a sad song, summoning nature spirits that attack enemy units.

She can hear and see the fallen spirits of great beasts who once roamed this land, enabling her to summon their spirits to aid her in dire situations.

Weapon Type: Bow
Armor Type: Robe

Strength:
Agility:
Intelligence:
Movement Speed:

Abilities:

Amihan’s Wind – Calls the spirit of the legendary bird, Amihan, to imbue the powers of the wind to her arrow, creating a violent tornado in a straight line, sending enemy units flying in the air.

Fenrir’s Frost – Calls the spirit of the legendary wolf, Fenrir, to run towards a target, summoning novas of ice below him every second. Once he has reached the target, he will summon a large nova.

Children that was gifted with great magical powers, far beyond a normal magic user has but is cursed to stay as a child. These children are more intelligent than you think, having the ability to shapeshift, and create illusions of anyone.

Weapon Type: Grimoire

Strength:
Agility:
Intelligence:
Movement Speed:

Abilities:

Dopplegang – He has the ability to create real illusions of any unit that will be under his control.

Shapeshift – Takes the form of a target unit enabling him to attack and use it’s skills.

If anyone wants to join the project just PM me or Post at this thread. I'm currently in need of:

Terrainers: I definitely suck at terraining
Triggerers/Spell Makers: A must
Jassers: If any
Modelers: I guess?
Anyone who wants to contribute: Thank you~

CURRENTLY WORKING ON

Job Classes - Abilities/etc
Combo System/Spells - Does someone know how to make them MUI?
Terrain: HELP!

That's about it for now I'll be waiting for your opinions, and cooperation. This'll be my first project... ^^

Last edited:
Level 28
Well, to be honest: Ragos ORPG is a multi-map ORPG of some kind... there are multiple maps, the save/load-codes work for every map, but it is a good idea nonetheless.

I don't like the story, for some reason all stories begin with "X years ago, there was a great war", which is outdated.
Try coming up with an original story... something without a war if possible.

The classes on the other hand are pretty good and very original, I like them.

I hope you've got enough experience and will to carry on, since a multi-map orpg takes pretty long to finish (though all systems are the same, you will need to create a lot of terrains).

Level 15
Well, to be honest: Ragos ORPG is a multi-map ORPG of some kind... there are multiple maps, the save/load-codes work for every map, but it is a good idea nonetheless.

I don't like the story, for some reason all stories begin with "X years ago, there was a great war", which is outdated.

I hope you've got enough experience and will to carry on, since a multi-map orpg takes pretty long to finish (though all systems are the same, you will need to create a lot of terrains).

Why not?I like the story...this is classical wc3 after all,few years after a great war...

Level 10

Why not?I like the story...this is classical wc3 after all,few years after a great war...

Well apocalypse has a point there too. Seen so much stories about war and all...well it's kinda boring. Besides the war thing isn't my final idea I have something in the back of my head. It's awfully hard to get XD.

Wow I thought I was the only one who thought of the multi-map genre(is it a genre?) It's a big world, great minds think a like I guess, lol.

Why thank you, I very much planned on making the classes unique as possible. I was kinda tired of the swordsman, archer, etc. classes. A good idea is incorporate the classes with the story.

Thanks for your opininions guys ^^

P.S. I suck at terrain :(

Level 8
Why not have a Zealot Hero? Sort of a paladin more steered towards warriorship than priesthood. In Jesus' times they were known as dagger carriers due to their fierce counterattacks to the Roman legion than restricted their religious beliefs.

The Zealot should grow in power the more pressure he is under (for instance if he is debuffed, or stunned, or surrounded, or low on health and mana ETC)

Level 10
Why not have a Zealot Hero? Sort of a paladin more steered towards warriorship than priesthood. In Jesus' times they were known as dagger carriers due to their fierce counterattacks to the Roman legion than restricted their religious beliefs.

The Zealot should grow in power the more pressure he is under (for instance if he is debuffed, or stunned, or surrounded, or low on health and mana ETC)

That's it! Perfect! I've been thinking for the last class I'll be making. Thanks I'll do it in asap! +rep I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.