• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Creepers - siege B.29

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Creepers - siege B.29 (Map)

Level 3
This map is missing a few things that a hero siege could have... but it's got wisp counting! :) the mini games might take some getting used to.
The mini games give you extra gold and hero experience if you play them right.

The main one is wisp counting. You count the number of wisps that show up and type ".##" (## being the number of wisps you counted) You have to type . at the start of a counting guess.
The second game works the same way but you have to read a sequence of colors from top left to bottom right. type "-setgame 1" (without quotes) to change to this option. ( may be "-setgame 2" I'm not 100% sure)
The third minigame is just a memory thing. Watch what order the wisps are highlighted in, then click them in that same order.

The main part of this map is the Hero siege though. If the tree of eternity in the middle dies, you lose. To win you have to kill archimonde and collect the key of three moons.
The units that spawn to attack you are gradually stronger as the game progresses. The end section units are basically always the same strength though. Hero skills for the most part go to 10 levels, and may require some balancing. Ultimates should go to 5 levels.
Select the easy difficulty if it is your first time playing this... it could be hard to win if you dont get how the wisp counting thing works.
Any comments about this map would be nice... :) good or bad. Keep in mind this is an alpha version... I'll call it beta after I add a couple of special events.

Level 3
I see no one is eager to comment....
Updated to A.06
Changes:
-A little hero skill work was done.
-Base area was expanded, so it's less crowded there.
-Orbs should not be needed for melee heros on air waves now.

I've just noticed that the difficulty has little to no effect on the strength of the final wave units. You should power up quicker on lower difficulty levels though so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

In a full game with 9 people, the final boss will be extremely difficult to kill. With fewer people in the game, the final boss will be easier to kill. So if people leave mid-game, you can expect a lot of trouble finishing him off. (If you can get to him...)

Still waiting for comments... maybe a suggestion or two about what needs to be done at this point would be nice?

Level 3
Second beta version now... I didn't upload the first beta because I couldn't log into the site when I finished that edit.
I've introduced Event Points. They show up on the multiboard and can be used for event time or wisp games.

-Wisp counting is now limited to 1 correct answer per event point
-Level ups seem to go a lot faster, so you'll be level 80 or so when you win instead of 35
-Tomes now transfer over to repicked heros :)
-version B.07 seemed to crash a lot, I think I fixed that problem.
-There is now an odd ending to go with my odd map... :)

Can't think of anything else, but the gameplay is now more hero based then minigame based.

Level 3
Download Counter: 615 times downloaded
Map Name: Creepers - siege B.29
I just uploaded b.29, It was b.09 until now.

Changes since b.09 ....
-4 level hero skills (was 10)
-slower more noticeable level ups
-far stronger enemy units near the end
-spawn mode switch option > type "!power overwhelming" to switch from creeps to race units. since I buffed up later level creeps this tends to make the game easier.
-auto buy feature for tomes and potion refills (slowly drains money, not instant)
-secret area unlocks after you win, but it gets boring after a few minutes :)

Other info:
You can purchase more income and special events if you head to the three little shops south of the tree area. These may be covered in fog of war so people don't seem to notice.
I'm still working on this map! ... and probably will be for a long time. I will make an effort to make new versions have more noticeable changes.

Known bugs:
two triggers are a little buggy, but they don't interfere much. I have already fixed these for the next version. (Not releasing the next version for a while though)
-occasionally a hero's death isn't detected so you may need to revive at the top left where you first got your hero.
-if you stay in the secret ending area long enough you may notice after Sarakin enters that text fills the screen saying something about a broken alliance, the message repeats every time Sarakin kills a creep.