• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creep camps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
I never checked if DamageEngine's AfterDamageEvent (with fatal damage) will fire before or after the unit actually is dead. I would imagine the death event will fire afterward, but I am not positive.

If DamageEngine were used for this, the trigger would look like this:

Events
DamageEvent becomes Equal to 1.00

Conditions
Owner of DamageEventTarget equal to Neutral Hostile
Life of DamageEventTarget - DamageEventAmount Less than 0.41

Actions
Unit - change ownership of DamageEventTarget to Player 12 (Brown)

Level 11
I never checked if DamageEngine's AfterDamageEvent (with fatal damage) will fire before or after the unit actually is dead. I would imagine the death event will fire afterward, but I am not positive.

If DamageEngine were used for this, the trigger would look like this:

Events
DamageEvent becomes Equal to 1.00

Conditions
Owner of DamageEventTarget equal to Neutral Hostile
Life of DamageEventTarget - DamageEventAmount Less than 0.41

Actions
Unit - change ownership of DamageEventTarget to Player 12 (Brown)

Why do I need a system for that? Can't I just do

Unit - is attacked
Unit's life equal to less than 1hp
Change unit owned to player 12?

Level 11
That would work if every unit who was about to die had only 1 hp. Deal 30 damage to a unit with 20 HP left and it dies.

Maybe you could modify the leaderboard and score manually, without even changing any race of the dying unit.

I will add a contidion for unit type but I can't edit the multiboard too much... I downloaded it from here and I can understand and edit very very few things.

Level 1
Add an invisible ability with some levels to your creeps and store them in groups depending on region, when they are not in the region and are from a specific group reduce the ability up to level 1, then when the ability is on level 1 order them to go to the region with a periodic trigger, easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.