• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creep Arcade 1.30c

Genre : Mini-Game, Survival, Defense
Suggested Players : 4v4, 5v5

Features :
- over 18 heroes
- 4 custom spells for each hero
- All spells are MUI
- new gameplay
- balanced game

Maker's mumblings :
The latest version 1.30 fixed many uncomfortable things and yeah there's one mode added. Also this version invoked Normal Mode, no more cloned creeps but maximum of portals will be limited by Portal Level which increases every minute, this should make it playable in PB. Also I'm working on SC2 map right now so this might be the last version (WC3 gaming is dying anyway).

Short Description :
2 teams face with each other, you are a one of team; try to kill creeps and get score as fast as you can but don't let creeps kill you or destroy your Castle (heroes can be automatically revived but if castle is destroyed you will instantly lose). When the timer is run out team with greater score wins the game.

Goal :
Goal is the same for whatever mode, is to destroy enemy Castle or to make the highest score when the time runs out.

How to play :
Okie, dokie, You are one of player in one of 2 teams (5v5), the game starts with the Blue is the gamemode selector may insert gamemode for the first 15 seconds(if not game will start with normal mode, for gamemode details see below), then all players pick their heroes. Objective is to get score by killing creeps. Creeps can be summoned by your Castle, Castle does not create creep instead it creates portal which periodically spawns creeps. Don't get it wrong here, you create portal FOR YOUR TEAM not enemy, so it's your choice which creeps you should get it first, anyways you are free to create/close portal at any time, it's not a wise choice if you create spell resistance creeps with your team full of Spell Casters. For more tips, please read in Map Info(F9)

Gamemode :
It's an option to make game more fun, these modes require gamemode selector to type before 15 seconds gametime.
-sv : This mode will disable players from creating portals but instead various creeps will spawn every 7 seconds. Seems impossible to win as I myself haven't.
-timeXX : Set how long the game lasts, where XX is replaced by number between 10-60. (Minute)
-goldXX : Set everyone's starting gold. Like -time where XX is replaced by number between 200-2000.
-warpXX : Set the creating time to create warp portal (to enemy field). Between 1-3600. (second)
-ct (Captain Mode) : Only a player in a first row can create portal, have The Helper and close portal.
-id (Item Drop mode) : Whenever you kill bosses, there's small chance that they will drop artifacts.
-dh (Duplicated Hero mode) : Heroes won't be removed from tavern when someone picks them.
-nr (No Reinforcement) : Disable reinforcement units.
-nc (No Cooldown) : Heroes will get refreshed non-item abilities when they cast spells.
-ar (All Random) : Force every players to pick random heroes.
-tm (Tactical mode) : Portal limitation is 12.
-sh (Same Hero mode) : This one forces every player to have the same hero as the host.

Game commands :
It's useful command for use in game.
-random : Select a random hero, you will receive 500 bonus gold.
-ms : Check your hero's movement speed.
-stats : Check your hero's Agility, Intelligence and/or Strength gained from some abilities.
-captain : Use when your team captain has left the game. You will grant control of The Helper and is able to create portal.
-ctstats : Check current captain players.
-clear or -c : Clear your screen text messages.
-passXX : Pass the right as captain to target player.
-promoteXX : Host command, can be used to promote target player to be the captain. Target must be the opposite of host and can be used only during 30-150 second gametime.

-pass and -promote commands use player's color format such as -pass darkgreen or -promote pink.

## More game modes and commands check it out at F9 ##

These screenshots taken from the game that I played with my friends it's the best game so far.
I played Unknown Species Skink (limzimbol) in team 1
0ad4f4325e.jpg

Because we are playing with friends so -tm is a lot better...
37ad7538be.jpg

8f1dcfd8cb.jpg

Starting with a lot of Murloc portals seems to be effective in most cases.
c6047cec16.jpg

Och! Maybe too much.
4e4a96e537.jpg

He's coming in the wrong time...
82ef3c66ed.jpg

Time for the hunt!
5a1d4bc7ef.jpg

My prey :D
04c1fa9bed.jpg

And she got away... so futile afford for me.
5259408e61.jpg

We are going to lose! but see the Castle HP in multiboard carefully...
71f98f8dbf.jpg

These 2 are the culprits...

1.30b
Bugs
- Fixed a bug in Tactical Mode (-tm) from a previous version that actually didn't do anything

1.30b
Gameplay
- Fountains now regen 3% HP/MANA a second.
Hero
- Fixed Bone Breaker never stun organic units bug.
System
- Fixed -sh mode. It works now.
Spells
- Explosive Bullet (Markman) damage penalty will not count the first 100 distance units.
System
- Same Hero mode added.
- warpXX reworked. This will change warp cooldown instead of delayed creating time.
- Portals to teleport to your own field added. This makes you go out of your safe zone a lot faster.
- Invoked Normal Mode.

1.29 and 1.29b
Basic
- Added player 1 and player 6 as computer slots. This will make AI cast spells property but completely disables Observer or Referee slots
- Most damaging spells' cooldown have been reduced
- Hero Armor's magic resistance has been reduced to 15% (from 25%)
- Aura's prices have been lowered to 1000 (from 1200)
- Dryad and Arch Sorceress will not have Magic Immunity anymore but they are really resistant against magic and spell damage (75%)

Creeps
- Envenomed Weapons's poison damage is not stackable anymore (Murloc)
- Increased Restock Time of all reinforcment units

Items
- Added Gem of Vitality
- Added Energy Pandant
- Added Greedy Item Set
- Added Tanky Item Set
- 4 Supportive Scrolls have been removed
- Rebalance all item sets
- Rewrote all item descritions
- Broadsword damage bonus reduced to 30 (old Claws of Attack)
- Increased mana burn effect of Orb of Mana Burn to 50 (from 40)
- Rebalanced Ring of Protection

Mountain King
- Rebalanced Storm Hammer
- Replaced King of the Mountain with Ground Smash
- Rebalanced Earthshaker
Pyromancer
- Doubled Meteor Strike damage
Troll Shaman
- Rebalanced Healing Wave
- Improved Voodoo Regeneration
- Tweaked Serpant Ward
Wolf Rider
- Raised Wolf Rider strength growth to 2.1 from 1.9
Dwarven Mortar Team
- Replaced Destroyer Mode with Crazy Team
- Rebalanced Airstrike
Death Knight
- Improved Death Coil healing damage but increased its cooldown
- Dark Knowledge's skeletons are stronger
Lich
- Increased Cold Blast's chance to freeze to 13%(+3% per lvl) from 12%(+2% per lvl)
Vampire Lord
- Raised Vampire Lord strength growth to 2.2 from 1.9
Priestess of the Moon
- Lowered Priestess of the Moon agility growth to 2.0 from 2.4
- Buffed Moon Arrow cooldown to 9 from 10
- Nerfed Starlight cooldown and AoE to 15, 400 (from 12 and 500)
- Elune's Blessing now gives 2 addional shots as intended (+1 from basic attack, total of 3 as in tooltips) and lasts quite longer
- Gave Priestess of the Moon new class tag
Dragon of the Dream
- Changed its name to Mellicius
- Replaced A Piece of Dream with Spiritual Energy
Unknown Species Skink
- Raised Unknown Spicies Skink agility growth to 3.2 from 2.9
- Increased Lizy Strike stackable time to 6 (from 3)
- Increased Chamelon evasion bonus per stack to 5% (from 4%)
- Improved Vendetta cooldown and backstab damage
Mana Hunter
- Raised Mana Hunter strength growth to 2.4 from 2.0
- Replaced Mana Drain with Chain of Energy
- Decreased mana drain per second for Energy Blade
- Improved Mana Field

1.28 and 1.28b
- Remade Priestess of the Moon
- Heavily buffed The Forgotten Mammoth
- Some minor changes to a few heroes
- Reduced Castle's armor
- Set starting gold to 800
- Tweaked safe zone area
- The game always starts with -cm mode. To play the original mode type -tm

CREDITS : Vexorian, Spec and PitzerMike for their tools and the creators of JassNewGen pack.

Optimized using wc3mapoptimizer and Widgetizer.

Keywords:
Arcade, Creep, Score, Survival, Defense, Custom Abilities
Contents

Creep Arcade 1.30c (Map)

Reviews
20:53, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 4
I don't know what is this map genre so if you said that, I will just change. For custom models I don't really think I should add one, because Blizzard's models are always fine with my map and if I add them, size will greatly increase. And if I were to add, I don't really know to make hero skills for them either so that's why I go for Blizzard's standard models.

Yeah I also find it troublesome playing in pb.... people just mass spawn which I don't know for what sake but you may just close it one by one, or you are gonna siege enemy castle you may always click at The Helper to close all.

And I'm thinking, should I make only player blue and player pink can control portals but that will surely make game less complex.

Reactions: DPL
Level 1
liked it alot but it need some newbie limitations...my enemies team always have 10 portals and die because of it even if i told then 10 times their sent creeps are for theirselfs...
maybe u could use a food system which allows only a few portals at the beginning but the number of portals increases over time (like +1 ever 2 mins or something...starting at 3 max)

Level 1
well this is something else
if u dont HAVE any intelligent lifeforms in ur enemies team(which is common) this mode doesnt make any differences...
thats why im asking for something else like the descripted mode above =O

Level 4
I have no other bright idea besides of adding AI that I won't build for this map. Perhaps next version I will add limitation of portals which will increase as time passes (mode). But in the end you need to make them understand or else they will be doomed later.

Level 4
Balance the heroes in my opinion.

EXAMPLES

The mana hunter is horrid. Especially in comparison to heroes like the priestess of the moon.

His mana thing should be based on an orb effect so it doesnt' consistently drain mana. He might be better if there were more .. specified items. For example a few more sets of gear that lack normal stats but add abilities.. OR as i have heard other peopel say "every one likes a combination system" So possibly you could buy 5 different ones each of them upgrading the last one making a mix and match scenario. Wow.. I got offtrack fast and hard. Some of this even seems like nonsense to me..

Anywho ya, some heroes are just horribly worse, and other horribly better.

I will be bot hosting this more often!

Also this might have just been me but the moutain kings passive was misleadding, i feel like it said that the thunder clap had a chance of working. ALso i would think that type of passive would work better when most of his moves weren't passives or minute+ cool downs.

Level 4
I am kind of lazy to make a changelog everytime, you see this is rarely hosted so not much of people play it so I decided not to include that, not worth writing you can say.

Priestess of the Moon was just remade so she is freaking... hot. I know this and she will be getting some nerfs, the numbers to be specified.

About the Mana Hunter... yeah he is one of the very slow-paced hero because he doesn't have AoE damage spell. To be precise his spells are ineffective against creeps and was made to be very specified to some situations (where there are a lot of enemy Casters). He will be getting one or two spells remade maybe his Mana Drain to be AoE spell, I'm going to work that out.

About Mountain King... thanks for that maybe I'm going to write a better tooltips and a better spell name. You pointed out the real fact about he should have more active spells, but I already know that because of I could not think some nicely fit active spells so I put him one more basic passive, despite that the current Mountain King is very balanced and enjoyable to play.
I'm not a native English speaker. In fact, I never use it in real life and I studied it on my own via some books and... Internet, that's why I could not make some nice spell names and tooltips.

For the balance of heroes, excluding that I listed I think most of them are balanced enough. I will not explain here how to play all of them, that would limit the strategies so better go and try for yourself for the builds that you like. Also you could list them if you think they are imbalanced I'm an open-minded so I will look at them more specifically.

About items, I know people are going to complain that there are only a few items but I have a nice explanation for that.
This map is intended to be simple yet competitive for advanced players. Adding more unneeded items and combination system, new players will complain "WTF there are too many items and I couldn't figure it out what should I buy." then some people may spend 10-20 minutes so they can make a decision and by that time the game should have already finished. And yes there are a lot of players that want some really freaking imba items like +250 damage maybe? so they can rock everyone in the game, but you know this is a fast-paced game so the amount of sum they gather to buy that freaking imba items may be all of time they use to farm. They should spend their gold elsewhere like buying reinforcements or auras to keep harassing the enemies. So I can only say this, there will be no combination system but of course this doesn't limit to variety of new items, like artifacts that have spells inside. I will look deeper before I will add any more items.

Lastly, thanks for all feedbacks. I love them. Anymore is welcome. :D
Also thanks for hosting this for me. I don't host because of my high ping it would be impossible to host for people... that live across the world. :p

Level 2
i think the "Soul Eater" skill of the Obsidian Destroyer, is broken, unless it doesnt work for spells, in which case this should be said in the tooltip, but i dont seem to gain any hp when i kill them

Level 4
i think the "Soul Eater" skill of the Obsidian Destroyer, is broken, unless it doesnt work for spells, in which case this should be said in the tooltip, but i dont seem to gain any hp when i kill them

"Soul Eater" works as long as you are the one that kill a unit, including any source of damage type. (Notice the effect when you kill a unit.)

Screenshots are somehow bugged and I can't really see them.
Also, does it support AI?
Thanks. Changed to image hosting service now.

AI is tempting but I haven't done any of it and it's hard to just wander around by myself... might be good to have some nice and clear descriptive resource to learn.

Level 6
Review Time #20

CWeener's Review {Protected maps} V3.04 Review # 20

Reviewing the map "Creep Arcade 1.30b"

Rating System (in weener points:)

1-10 Originality
1-10 Replayability (discounted for most cinematics*)
1-10 Triggering (discounted for protected maps*)
1-10 Terraining
1-10 Object Managing (custom items and destructibles etc...)
1-10 Spells (if applies**)
1-10 Description (On THW and In-game (Loading Screen and information))
1-15 Engaging a.k.a. fun to play
1-15 Misc (size, system implementation, laginess etc...)
-100 or +100 for abiding by THW rules.
* = when one is discounted then other sections maximums are raised, and those sections are judged harder (if your map applies then it will show you what i raised later)
** = some maps dont really need spells so this section is discounted and given an automatic 10.
Rating System Scores

Less than 100 = FF- (Reported, You clearly didnt abide by all of the posting rules, and i have reported you for (not) doing so.)
100-150 Points = F- (Rancid and Needs major work. Vote for Rejection and no +rep.)
151-160 Points = F (Bad and Needs work. vote for Rejection and no +rep.)
161-170 Points = D (Below Average and Needs much updating. has potential. vote for rejection and no +rep.)
171-180 Points = C (Okay but Needs updates. has potential. vote for rejection* and no +rep.)
181-190 Points = B (Good but still not reaching full potential vote for approval but no +rep)
191-199 Points = A (Great and probably has reached full potential**. good job. vote for approval and +rep.)
200 Points = A+ (Amazing, you did everything right and went all out, approval and +rep)

* = depending on the map really, and what categories it scored low in
** = not always but most cases.
Creep Arcade 1.30b

Triggering scores not available, so other maximums were raised(see rating system*)

1-11 Originality *10* while this map has unique aspects, it's main concept has been done on rare occasions.
1-11 Replayability *9* It's fairly fun, and decently balanced leaving a lot of room for playability
1-11 Terraining *6* While this map doesn't need an epic landscape it needs more than it has currently. Mainly in tile variation.
1-11 Object Managing *11* A lot of good work.
1-11 Spells *11* Bugfree and a lot were original
1-11 Description *9* Gives all necessary info, however could add more to it.
1-17 Engaging *15* It was fairly engaging.
1-17 Misc *17* Everything here was perfect.
-100 or 100 Rules *100* :grin:
0-200 All-in-all *188* B+ (Good but still not reaching full potential vote for approval and +rep was given)

Author's Note,

This map was great, I liked the concept and execution. The only thing that kept you from an A was terrain. You just need more tiles, and make sure they look good. That'd raise your score there 3-4 points.
Bugs:
Nothing, that I found.

Recommendations:
Fix up the terrain tile variation.
Possibly add some height variation, or little puddles.

[Liked]

Well, there is simply too much to say about what I like.

[Didn't like]
The terrain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
If any map I've reviewed has been updated, feel free the ask me to re-review it. or if I haven't reviewed YOUR map, feel free to ask me. :)

Level 22
CWeener's Review {Protected maps} V3.04 Review # 20

Reviewing the map "Creep Arcade 1.30b"

Rating System (in weener points:)

1-10 Originality
1-10 Replayability (discounted for most cinematics*)
1-10 Triggering (discounted for protected maps*)
1-10 Terraining
1-10 Object Managing (custom items and destructibles etc...)
1-10 Spells (if applies**)
1-10 Description (On THW and In-game (Loading Screen and information))
1-15 Engaging a.k.a. fun to play
1-15 Misc (size, system implementation, laginess etc...)
-100 or +100 for abiding by THW rules.
* = when one is discounted then other sections maximums are raised, and those sections are judged harder (if your map applies then it will show you what i raised later)
** = some maps dont really need spells so this section is discounted and given an automatic 10.
Rating System Scores

Less than 100 = FF- (Reported, You clearly didnt abide by all of the posting rules, and i have reported you for (not) doing so.)
100-150 Points = F- (Rancid and Needs major work. Vote for Rejection and no +rep.)
151-160 Points = F (Bad and Needs work. vote for Rejection and no +rep.)
161-170 Points = D (Below Average and Needs much updating. has potential. vote for rejection and no +rep.)
171-180 Points = C (Okay but Needs updates. has potential. vote for rejection* and no +rep.)
181-190 Points = B (Good but still not reaching full potential vote for approval but no +rep)
191-199 Points = A (Great and probably has reached full potential**. good job. vote for approval and +rep.)
200 Points = A+ (Amazing, you did everything right and went all out, approval and +rep)

* = depending on the map really, and what categories it scored low in
** = not always but most cases.
Creep Arcade 1.30b

Triggering scores not available, so other maximums were raised(see rating system*)

1-11 Originality *10* while this map has unique aspects, it's main concept has been done on rare occasions.
1-11 Replayability *9* It's fairly fun, and decently balanced leaving a lot of room for playability
1-11 Terraining *6* While this map doesn't need an epic landscape it needs more than it has currently. Mainly in tile variation.
1-11 Object Managing *11* A lot of good work.
1-11 Spells *11* Bugfree and a lot were original
1-11 Description *9* Gives all necessary info, however could add more to it.
1-17 Engaging *15* It was fairly engaging.
1-17 Misc *17* Everything here was perfect.
-100 or 100 Rules *100* :grin:
0-200 All-in-all *188* B+ (Good but still not reaching full potential vote for approval and +rep was given)

Author's Note,

This map was great, I liked the concept and execution. The only thing that kept you from an A was terrain. You just need more tiles, and make sure they look good. That'd raise your score there 3-4 points.
Bugs:
Nothing, that I found.

Recommendations:
Fix up the terrain tile variation.
Possibly add some height variation, or little puddles.

[Liked]

Well, there is simply too much to say about what I like.

[Didn't like]
The terrain.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
If any map I've reviewed has been updated, feel free the ask me to re-review it. or if I haven't reviewed YOUR map, feel free to ask me. :)

Information:
Review Marked.
1st add a category, I won't contact the moderator until you do!

As a Reviewer of the Map Reviewers Group, I joined the THW Cleaning Event.
I
end up writing a fast review, or just posting the end state of the map, rating is not always included!

Current State for this map: Approved

I will contact the moderator to Approve/Reject the map, depending on what you recieved.

Level 16
Hey there. Tested this some minutes ago on Singleplayer. No full review because I don't want to waste your time. But my main points:
-Terrain is well, bland. :/. Maybe add some shrubbies to give it a livelier atmosphere?
-It would be fun if one mode forces a portal to open on both sides' area for every now and then.

That's pretty much all now. I'll have some more when I have tested this in Multiplayer (Of course if the DotArds aren't in BNet... Sigh).

However, this Map is pretty much approvable disregarding the Terrain. It would be fun if this is Singleplayer compatible, though. :/

Level 4
Category added.

First, I would like to thank for approving and reviewing this map, since I don't want to bother you guys by sending a PM back so I will just post it here. I just want to let you know that I already read all PMs and posts directing to me.

-Terrain is well, bland. :/. Maybe add some shrubbies to give it a livelier atmosphere?
-It would be fun if one mode forces a portal to open on both sides' area for every now and then.
Certainly. I will fix terrain of I ever have a time and inspiration to update this map.

About mode, indeed, it seems interesting and fun to play.

At the moment, I'm working on SC2 project and I have much workloads to do so I don't really know if I will go back to WC3 modding.

Level 4
Hi I found some glitches in the map: at start you can spam -random and you get a bunch of heroes. However, when your hero dies, they dont respawn unless there are none left alive. Also, the "max portals" is glitched. Apparently it still counts closed portals or something. The enemy team once could not open any portals at all because of this glitch. Also, a suggestion is to give the host a little more time at start to pick mode. I am not that fast of a typer so i fail to type in the mode i want in time. And is there any way for a hero to get back from the enemy side? This map has a great concept and I hope you continue working on it.

Level 1
Hey,

can anyone point me in the direction of more games like this?
Me and my buddy both remember playing similar maps, but cannot seem to find them, nor recall their names. :(