• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Creating Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Is there any way to create a sound when someone is walking on different types of terrain? An example is your walking on dirt and that makes a different sound than grass. When you walk from one terrain to the other I'd like it to change walking sounds. Also can you make sound for a doodad when you walk over it or into it? The reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to create a survival map and make it real as possible so sound would be very helpful. I checked the tutorials but there was nothing about what I'm thinking of. I'm not even sure if any of this is possible but I though maybe someone on here knows a good amount about creating sound.

Level 9
You can create the sound via trigger attached to the location of the unit. You'll have to look around online for the sound itself, i can't help you there, but once you find it, download it, then import it in using the sound editor. Ask if you need help setting up a trigger to play this sound

Level 18
If you already have the sounds then you can use the SoundUtils library which will make the sound easy to manage. Then you'll just need to manage the sounds depending on whether or not the unit is moving, and on a certain type of terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.