• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Creating custom units & spells with JASS??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello. I've just started to write some maps in jass. I've seen a unprotected dota map. There was NO custom units in object editor. There was full of triggers scripts made in jass etc. Basicly how can i do this with jass? Thank you.

Level 1
thank you for your information.. I can give up thinking about this now :) .. btw that unprotected map has been working well.. I still cant get it how do they do it.. Nevermind thank you :)

Nope, you can make units via LUA (but after the script is run, the units should appear on the OE)...

Deprotection only made it openable on the WE but the data is still "missing" (they're still there, on the map mpq, but on a file type unreadable by the WE)... and that's why the map is still playable because the protection just removed the association of the data from the WE...

you can try to use an mpq browser to open the map and find the object data file but I think it would be on the form of SLK tables...

Status
Not open for further replies.