• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can someone make this custom spell run on Jass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2

Can someone help me make this spell usable on Jass? I am making a map using lots of custom spells and most of them are in Jass. I changed the scripting language to jass from lua and then made changes in the triggers but it is still giving me there errors:

Level 2
I guess most of the custom spells is made with LUA, because all of the custom spells I tested runs with test map, but can't be saved (compile errors). my other option is to just change world editor's scripting language to LUA and copy the custom spells. However, I do not see a drop down option under script language. How can I change the scripting language?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
99% of the resources on Hive were made with Jass. Lua is relatively new and doesn't have much content backing it. You'll know if something is made for Lua because it'll be "new" and more than likely it will be explicitly stated.

I know with that system the creator made one map which contains both Lua/Jass code in it. He then disabled all of the Jass by default. You need to enable all of the Jass and disable/delete the Lua code.

You could ask the creator to make a new map that contains just the Jass stuff, I don't think he'd mind.

Last edited:
Level 20

Can someone help me make this spell usable on Jass? I am making a map using lots of custom spells and most of them are in Jass. I changed the scripting language to jass from lua and then made changes in the triggers but it is still giving me there errors:
If you are trying to use the GUI version of the system than you have 2 choices since version 2.3. In the system thread you will find a map that implements the system from GUI using LUA and another that uses vJASS. For what I can see you want the vJASS version. Download the Missiles[GUI][vJASS] map then follow the standard procedure of importing a system. If you want to use the LUA version, which I highly recommend (It's much faster) you will need to change the scripting language of your map. Before doing it, make a backup of your map, in case anything goes wrong, then open your map in the editor, move all your triggersto a folder, copy that folder and then delete it. Than that drop box will be enabled for you to change it. Change it to LUA then save. Now you can paste the folder you just copy containing all your trigger back into the trigger editor and save. Note that to be able to switch to LUA you can't have any vJASS code in your map, so if you are using another system that are coded in vJASS this will not work and you will be better off using the GUI vJASS version.

Status
Not open for further replies.