• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating Custom Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys, I used to be a huge WE fan and recently bought SC2 mainly for the map making :D however noticed its a bit more difficult then I first expected. Anyways I've been mucking around in it watching tutorials and so on however I haven't had any luck finding a tutorial on how to make a custom spell. Any help would be appreciated.

A solid tutorial from start to finish would be great including:
button
ability
effects
special effects via actors

It would be sooooo much help, I just need some kind of reference to get me started:

Level 1
Thanks heaps guys, learnt a few new things.

Im thinking i'll stick with trigger based maps for now and keep practicing the basics of making units and spells.

Level 5
the big step from WC3 to SC2 custom abilities is that in SC2 you can sort of embed triggers in your spells with behaviors/validators/actor events so you don't need the trigger editor as much

Status
Not open for further replies.