• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Creating an option for desactivating hidden tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Navigating on hiveworkshop with deactivated Java scripts is far faster (you economize like 300 ko of loading for each page which can make you gain seconds) but what is sad is that with deactivated Java scripts you can not see what is inside of hidden tags so it would be good to have an option for always displaying what is inside hidden tags.
It is possible that feature already exists and that I had not found it.
If it is the case then this thread is unnecessary.
If there is few people browsing this forum with low connection then making this functionality would waste more time than it would economize and so not doing it would be the best thing.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Am I the only one around here with a 100 mb/s internet connection? it's quite common in Sweden :eek:

anyway I think this is harder than it sounds to add, I doubt ralle can add something like that. Not because he doesn't know how but because it's powered by vBadvanced which limits what you can edit on a website.

(I am not sure about this, but when creating a website it's normally based on someone else's work.)

Level 29
Do note that external files (most of said JavaScript code) are cached by your browser, you don't keep redownloading them.
A second thing to note is that this site, like pretty much the whole world wide web, uses gzip compression, so what your browser downloads isn't what you see when you view the source, but something much, much smaller.

That said, the Hive's page sources are very unoptimized, and that's one of the properties of vBulletin. I already mentioned many of the things that should be changed in another thread somewhere in this forum (things like jQuery are the devil!).
Hive 2 will supposedly (?) be better in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.