• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Creating an impassable barrier...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
As the topic says I'm trying to create a wall between certain units. But I need a wall or barrier or anything that will prevent ranged units from agressively attacking over the barrier. For example, in my map there will be multiple extremely thin horizontal lanes that stretch between the players. If I were to send an archer to attack in one of those lanes, I do not want the archer attacking anything in the other lanes, only the lane she has been sent in, although the other lanes are inside the unit's attacking range.

Any ideas? This has been stumping me for weeks now. Also, boundaries and pathing blockers do not work! I've tried them all and none of them can stop projectiles.

Level 34
A cliff raised two levels should work, I think...

Ever thought about the shared vision between the players/units?

If you are using different defender units and attacker units in each lane, I suggest you should change the Target(able) As... thing.

Like:
Attacker Lane-A is classed as Giant and can attack Giant.
Defender Lane-A is classed as Giant and can attack Giant.

Attacker Lane-B is classed as Undead and can attack Undead.
Defender Lane-B is classed as Undead and can attack Undead.

Attacker Lane-C is classed as Ancient and can attack Ancient.
Defender Lane-C is classed as Ancient and can attack Ancient.

But this example is probally only possible if the lanes are completely severed, and not are connected for example at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.