• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating a wave counter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm working on a campaign, and in a map you need to survive a certain amount of waves with limited resources. I would like to display these waves in a little window in the top right corner of your game screen.
However I don't know how to do this in the editor, all I can find is the countdown timer, but that doesn't seem to be able to show stationary integers.

Level 11
Use a leaderboard. Some tutorials about tower defence mention leaderboards and how to make them, you can find one here and another one there. Basically, you create the leaderboard, add a player to it, and change the label ("Wave" in your case) and the value (your wave counter variable). Then you can custom it (colour, transparency...). To change the value for each wave, use the action Leaderboard - Change Player Value.

Status
Not open for further replies.