• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Wave help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi guys, recently I have been working on Hero defense map and when I start doing the waves I have jumped into a problem: I have tried severial way to solve it but didn't work.

What I am trying to do is to make a timer and when it finish first wave begin and when last unite of them die the timer starts again, and when the timer finish wave 3 begin and so own.

I tried many several ways but only worked to wave 2 then nothing happen, can anyone help with it please?

Level 25
Try to save every unit of the wave into your specified unit group. When any creep dies, check if "number of living units in Your_unit_group is equal to 0" (meaning there are no live creeps) and if yes, start timer anew and run the creep-spawning trigger.

You need:
Wave_Count = Integer variable (keep track of rounds)
Wave_Size = Integer variable (number of units per wave)
Wave_Group = Unit Group variable (used to detect if a new wave should spawn)
Wave_UnitType = Unit Type Array variable (used to determine what type of unit should be spawned)
Wave_SpawnPoint = Point variable (used to detect where the wave should spawn)
Wave_TargetPoint = Point variable (used to detect where the spawned units should move to)
Wave_Timer = Timer variable (to start the first wave)

Map initialization:
Set Wave_UnitType[1] = Footman
Set Wave_UnitType[2] = Rifleman
Set Wave_UnitType[3] = Knight
continue until you reach the number of waves you want

Set Wave_Size = how many units you want to spawn each round
Set Wave_SpawnPoint = where you want the spawned units to spawn
Set Wave_TargetPoint = where you want the spawned units to attack-move to

------------------------------------------------------

At the beginning of the game you start the timer with the amount of time you want to last before the first wave.
Then make a trigger:

Start Waves:
- A timer expires
- Expiring timer equal to Wave_Timer
- Run Spawn New Wave Trigger
- Turn on Spawn New Wave Trigger

Run Spawn New Wave Trigger:
Actions - Every 1 second of game time
Conditions - Number of units in Wave_Group Equal to 0
Actions -
Set Wave_Count = (Set Wave_Count + 1)
- For each integer A 1 to Wave_Size do actions
loop-
Spawn 1 Wave_UnitType[Wave_Count] at Wave_SpawnPoint
Add Last created unit to Wave_Group
Order last created unit to Attack-Move to Wave_TargetPoint

Something like that.

Edit:
Note that this is for 1 spawn point only, if you need more spawn points you will need to use more arrays.

Level 1
Try to save every unit of the wave into your specified unit group. When any creep dies, check if "number of living units in Your_unit_group is equal to 0" (meaning there are no live creeps) and if yes, start timer anew and run the creep-spawning trigger.

Thanks man you save me, now I knew where my mistake was, I was trying "number of unite in unite group = 0"

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.