• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating a unique, yet simple Vamps game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey all, I'm in the process of making a vamps game, and I've thought of some good ideas that have been incorporated in my map.

Things I need from you guys:
-Your opinion on my ideas
-some ideas that you may want to share with me
-and the best way to balance a vamps game (something I'm pretty stuck on)

Here are some of the ideas:

BUILDERS (Survivors):

-Once a builder enters a base, they then get access to that base's controls which is a circle of power. The builder has several controls with their base control. They can do the following with it:
1) They can open their base so other builders can build in their base.
2) They can close their base, preventing other builders from accessing their base. (Does not get rid of a builder currently inside your base)
3) Abandoning your base, this provides one free teleportation to the entrance to your base, and destroys everything in your base, and also prevents you from obtaining base control afterwards. The builder can rebuild there, but he will have no control of the base, or he can go to one of his allie's base. (Use with caution or in desperate situations)

-The builder also has another circle of power that they have access to. This is called HARVESTER CONTROL. This circle of power acts like a teleportation device to something called your own GREEN AREA, which is an area you can harvest lumber from that only vampires and harvesters can go in and out of.
(Note that the survivor cannot acces this area) The teleportation is random and can provide you with a bad green area. This encourages trading and also encourages you to bring your harvesters over to your allie's green area. (Which is accessed from their teleportation device in their base)

There are 4 areas on the map that have two teleportation devices that any unit can use. Each area is placed on the top left, top right, bottom left, and bottom right portions of the map. Once a unit enters the teleportation device (also a circle of power) it will be teleported to one of the three areas, and cannot be teleported to the current area they're at. Once you enter this teleportation device, you cannot use it again for 10 seconds. Builders cannot build around these areas or on them.

All of the above is triggered and implemented into my map currently.

Below will be a list of ideas that I PLAN on using (based on feedback ofcourse)

-Allowing builders to trade green areas only
-Allowing four difficulties for both the vampires and builders. (Voted on at the start)
-A halfmode. (4 builders, 2 vamps on each side and allied together)
-MiniGames when you're dead, so you can have a little fun. (This will not effect gameplay at all, and will only be used as a form of entertain when you're dead).
-Builders turning into a form of LESSER Vampire when they die. (The minigame or lesser vampire is their choice upon death.
-Builders can be a defensive builder, offensive builder, etc. (Basically different types of builders).
-Vampires can transform once every level, they can also prevent transformation if they wish.
-Builders can build an academy that will have access to knowledge of the elements. Once you pick your element, you can use its upgrades for all your buildings. (For example, Earth gives you more defense and health on your buildings, fire gives splash damage and increased attack, etc.)
-Once you obtain your element from your academy, your harvester's "Detonation" ability will change based on that element (Earth gives you lumber, fire does damage, etc) This encourages you to use Detonation and not feed the vampires.

What I need help with:
-Creating unique abilities for both the vampires and builders.
-Ideas on buildings.
-How to balance the game correctly.

Any other ideas are greatly welcomed and thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.