• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Creating a Hero Siege [No name yet]--needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
(something) Hero Siege

So im interested in making a hero siege map and i am in need of some help of making it.
made for 8 players
you have to defend your self agaist demons and the undead being lead by i dunno....(thinking of just using Archimonde)
first off any map name suggestions

Multiboard

what do you recommend to add to the muiltiboard so far i have
-players hero icon
-players gold
-players kills
-players lives left (yes after u die x amount of times its game over for you)

Difficulty

what do i have to do to set up difficulty levels.
what other than making the spawned units stronger/weaker for the difficulty would be good to add.
i have easy/normal/hard/very hard/impossible difficultys

Spawning

where to find a spawning system(if there are any ill create my own if needed) that spawns x amount of units witch also will depend on how many players are playing i have 2 lanes.

Special EVents

What are some good Special events to have to keep the game interesting other than just watching your hero smash away at the enermy

Multiboard

what is a good way to balance the map considering when u first create a map with no changes 3 footmen are very hard for a hero to kill. also balancing the difficultys.

Other

Also would it be possible to add a system that displays the damage that heros do and only the player owned hero's.

also i dunno if this should be posted here or WE help zone
There may be more to add but not for now]

Last edited:
Level 7
I wont join your project since im busy myself, but if you want suggestions, first of all would be nice if you created a bit more original idea instead of copying an existing maps basis. If you twist it to your own style and make a good use of the ideas you already have, it could end up okay. ~ Anyways, good luck on your project.

Level 5
Here's some advice

1. Depending on your goal, you'd want the layout of the siege to be different
  2. If you're doing an easy to pick up siege like X Hero Siege, use simple layout and cliffs
  3. If you want to make an epic, realistic, Helm's Deep type siege, use doodads and invisible bridges
  4. Don't use a constant stream of spawn. A siege won't send troops one at a time to get killed. Spawn at a moderate rate with about a dozen or so attacking
  5. If you want to add a more challenging gameplay, add sudden events like a suicide bomber or REALLY long ranged catapults. This makes players be on their toes and have to coordinate who defends and who attacks
  6. Allow players to train men for their squad. Give them a maximum of how many units, even using food to limit what types
  7. Have events where bosses assault the heroes. If a boss dies, allied units gain a permanent health/damage/armor boost. If a hero dies, weaken that players units temporarily. This is one example
  8. Be creative. A Supped up Beastmaster is hardly fun to play as. A new hero type like a spellcaster that uses rifts to amplify his attack might be interesting

These are what I would do. Since this is your game, you make up your own list. You can follow my outline or make your own. I hope to play your game one day.

Level 2
Hmmm..... I pretty much, as lorekeeper, don't like the story. Every one, except hardcore "just for fun" ones, must have at least a little interesting story. Demons invading is pretty gray and boring story. Why not change it a bit: maybe players can be demons, and they defend from "good" races. It doesn't have to be like I said, but better background story can draw many players to this map.

Be creative.

~Revan

Status
Not open for further replies.