• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating a game cache system for RPG map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi hive, i need your help for create a game cache system for a RPG map.

I want to create a RPG SANDBOX map with a group of maps, something like this:

B3694B966.png

In this RPG you can go to MAP X for example, level up, kill , etc and later comeback to MAP A, any time you want, this same thing for other MAPS (A,X,Y,0,1)

I tried using a CAMPAING but if i use next level action the game move the player to the campaign map menu selection.

I copy the same triggers as the warcraft night elves campaing, set next level and later victory, but dont work, again move to the map selection area.

If i open map 0 alone without custom campaign, and run the trigger , using set next level and victory trigger the trigger works only for change map, the units DONT APPEAR

How i can do this? can someone help me, i have this trigger to go to map 1, standing in map 0.

The map route is Maps\RPG\A0.w3x and Maps\RPG\A1.w3x

Attachments

• A0.w3x
    35.8 KB · Views: 55
  • A1.w3x
    629.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Level 5

Attachments

• TransitionTutorial.w3n
    67.6 KB · Views: 24
Level 28
Hi bro, thanks for the tutorial, i used this = Transitions Among Campaign Maps

but the game dont find the map2, can you help me?

Even with the sample map, do i need enter in custom campaign to play? or only test?
As far as I know. The reason why map 1 couldn't be loaded is because the game doesn't recognize this area or because of the 43 Character Limit. You should use Hashtable instead to store the index of each map like it said in the Tutorial I mentioned. And by the way, try to name your map (i.e : MapName.w3x) smaller cause sometimes the transition doesn't work if your map's name is too big.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.