• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating a First Person Camera

Level 8
Tips - Okay, gonna do that.
Auto-Targeting - Only a noob. If you could help me with some of that GUI stuff...
Backpack - I opened up Blood, Sweat and Ice, and I know how to make the backpack trigger.
Shrub Area Tip - Still thinking on how I can make a tip without totally giving it away....
The F - I'm okay with it (my bro says it all the time, too), just saying that if a kid hears it it won't be really appropriate. Besides, I'm a kid too, I'm 12.
P.S. Lucky you can use mods, I have the PS3 Oblivion, but not the GotY Version.
P.S.S.(?) Wanna make a thread on Map Dev that we're making a joint project on this?

A joint project? You mean, we co-operate? Well, your the map maker so it's up to you :) Seems cool to me. Oh, about that spell target stuff, i think you need JAZZ for it... Don't ask me bout jazz lol ^^

Level 2
plzz help mee with +10 and -9

hi i'm ekman70 and i wonder ive finisht all the steps but nedd help for:
Unit - Make A Unit 0001 <gen> face ((Facing of A Unit 0001 <gen>) + 10.00) over 0.00 seconds and

Unit - Make A Unit 0001 <gen> face ((Facing of A Unit 0001 <gen>) - 9.00) over 0.00 seconds

plz help me i ned to know how to make that litle +10 and -9 how do i do that plzz send me a picture and moste of all a litle wideo plzz anwser me some one

:cry::cry:

Level 2
hi i'm ekman70 and i wonder ive finisht all the steps but nedd help for:
Unit - Make A Unit 0001 <gen> face ((Facing of A Unit 0001 <gen>) + 10.00) over 0.00 seconds and

Unit - Make A Unit 0001 <gen> face ((Facing of A Unit 0001 <gen>) - 9.00) over 0.00 seconds

plz help me i ned to know how to make that litle +10 and -9 how do i do that plzz send me a picture and moste of all a litle wideo plzz anwser me some one

@ekman70 - Just do the alternate way for looking around, it's a lot better and more user friendly. It helps especially since I couldn't find those functions as well. I'll just post the trigger for looking around the second way so you don't have to press 'First'...

1. Remove this Function
  • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of (Your Unit) 0001 <gen>) over 0.50 seconds
2. Create New Functions
  • Look Left
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set Rotation Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to ((Rotation of (Current camera)) + 3.00) over 0.05 seconds
For Look Right, change the + into a -:
  • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to ((Rotation of (Current camera)) - 3.00) over 0.05 seconds
It doesn't react immediately, but it works well for looking around while moving.

Level 6
Off-topic part: indomitable, if you dont mind im gonna try your map ;) I was kinda bored... then I just randomly browsed through a few tutorials... then I saw this :D Oh BTW, Im 12 too.
On-topic part: The first person thing is great! Not many problems for me (and those I had were those I could fix). Now, if only Blizzard would make it possible for accurate 1st persons...

Level 6
Well, 11 minutes later you came online and posted here. Anyway, heres a review on your map:

Pros
-It gets difficult once you pass the tall grass (meaning good difficulty ramp NOT its too hard)
-Variety of healing items
-Good number of healing items
-Too much mana items (I practically didnt use any...yet)

Cons
-The creeps seem like they are twice as big as me
-When your hero leaves the camera bounds, you can see the modelless unit

Suggestions
-If youre not going to have flying units in the rest of the story, use up and down for movement
-Consider having a better beginning, because when the text says theres a rockslide (or something), people wont be that convinced when they see their camera facing a wall-like cliff.

Im not going to do an overall rating yet, because it would be unfair since the map is not completed yet.

Level 6
Oh that was a later version. Silly me! Okay I will try the newer one first.

Game completed! But what was up with the goblin sapper?
I will just add extra points instead of rewriting them kays? And those underlined are like "crossed-out".

Pros
-Good storyline
-Nice use of quests
-Great way of "guiding" the player through the journey

Suggestions
-Im not sure, but make sure the levels of the units in the object editor actually corresponds to how strong they are (exp-related issue)
-Consider having a better beginning, because when the text says theres a rockslide (or something), people wont be that convinced when they see their camera facing a wall-like cliff

Last edited:
Level 6
I might be able to know the question if you post it :D But Im not THAT concerned about what you guys are talking about anyways.

Level 6
AHH FLIES AROUND MY COMPUTER! Right now I really feel like making a map which teaches us the importance of sight while using the 1st person control scheme. AHH FLY ATTACK! RETREAT MY COMPUTER, RETREAT! (yes the fly is flying around me for no apparent reason)

Thanks for the review! You can expect in the next release:

EXTREMELY INCREASED DIFFICULTY

Stab:
V1 - 20 DMG, 4s stun, +15% AtkSpd for 5 secs
V2 - 20 DMG, 4s stun, +25 for 5
V3 - 20 DMG, 4s stun, 45% for 7
fixed tooltips
critters! finally!
a new handbook and a new quest
tomes that you can buy
EXTREMELY POWERED ENEMIES
less items (so you have to do Mishkar's quest to heal)
a couple more chests
a new system
more space to move
more enemies (of course)
fixed triggers

Level 6
If you need any help with your map, you can ask me too! I can be your "slave" who helps create items, units and abilities to your preference (too formal?).

Note: The Hero will still be visisble (visible), but only very small. Normally, you can't see it, because the camera floats high enough above it. But since the camera height does not adjust itself when your hero enters higher grounds, in some cases, when you look down, you can see it. You have to find something to fix this yourself. (Or find a way to make the camera height adjust itself when the hero enters hills and cliffs. If you do, PM plz)

TPYOOOHZZ

Level 8
note: The hero will still be visisble (visible), but only very small. Normally, you can't see it, because the camera floats high enough above it. But since the camera height does not adjust itself when your hero enters higher grounds, in some cases, when you look down, you can see it. You have to find something to fix this yourself. (or find a way to make the camera height adjust itself when the hero enters hills and cliffs. If you do, pm plz)

tpyooohzz
my life is over! D:

Okay, though Magamdy might get mad...

Just do the second way of looking around.

Indomitable1319 said:
@ekman70 - Just do the alternate way for looking around, it's a lot better and more user friendly. It helps especially since I couldn't find those functions as well. I'll just post the trigger for looking around the second way so you don't have to press 'First'...

1. Remove this Function
  • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of (Your Unit) 0001 <gen>) over 0.50 seconds
2. Create New Functions
  • Look Left
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set Rotation Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to ((Rotation of (Current camera)) + 3.00) over 0.05 seconds
  • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to ((Rotation of (Current camera)) - 3.00) over 0.05 seconds
It doesn't react immediately, but it works well for looking around while moving.

Level 2
Okay, question:
If i set my main unit size to 0% of its original size, it becomes invisble right?
For the 1st person camera it is perfect, but what if another player is looking at me? he wont see my unit, am i right or wrong? that would suck, really suck :/

Anyway, something to help you:

"Note: The Hero will still be visisble, but only very small. Normally, you can't see it, because the camera floats high enough above it. But since the camera height does not adjust itself when your hero enters higher grounds, in some cases, when you look down, you can see it. You have to find something to fix this yourself. (Or find a way to make the camera height adjust itself when the hero enters hills and cliffs. If you do, PM plz)"

If you want to make your hero totally invisble, go to object editor and set it's flying height to somewhere in the sky, like 4000 flying height value (i guess it would work).

1. Remove this Function
2. Create New Functions
  • Look Left
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions

Please read all the posts in the thread before posting... You'll find this post by me.

Level 2
I have been thinking about adding this to my RPG but it will be hard to test bosses because heals will be hard to aim. can you post trigger on how to switch to each hero.

Level 8
I have been thinking about adding this to my RPG but it will be hard to test bosses because heals will be hard to aim. can you post trigger on how to switch to each hero.

And with that you mean that you will have multipl heroes controlled by the player and when you like press a button you select (and the camera centers) on another hero? Well, it must be possible to make that, yes, although it can come with some difficulties...