• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating a First Person Camera

Level 5
the ultymate test for your abilitys man.

can u make a camera muvment with the mouse?

yes i know my inglish suck.sory i just tring to comunikate with u.
pece

and it rely gona help me with my map,and not only my map i thing

Level 8
Lol, ive been trying to solve the mystery of a FPC without getting the unit size to %0.00. Still not working.

Well... You could try to create a huge sword model, and make it so that it's visible in First Person mode, apply attack animation to it, so it looks like your holding a weapon. And then give it the potrait of your hero?

Just an idea, don't think it works but whatever^^

Level 9
?? Explain more, for an extra rep. + rep again for the shining brilliance. But you should edit the "Are extremely useful for FPS", because, wtf, it can't be a FPS without a FPC!

Level 8
But you should edit the "Are extremely useful for FPS", because, wtf, it can't be a FPS without a FPC!

Mmmm... Maybe your right:gg: I shall edit that...

Well, explanation... I actually meant the base of the camera (little mistake), and then change Distance to target to like -2000 or something. That way you set the camera before the unit so you cant see it, even if it has it's full size. But that just doesn't work. So forget that. (By the way, if you set distance to target to +1200 you have yourself a nice 3rd person camera :D). I also tried to make the unit's vertex coloring transparant, but that's buggy too.

This FPC is for RPG's, not MMORPG's. Warcraft has it's limits. It is a RTS game, not a RPG and it's definitely not made for a First Person Camera. Despite that, I managed to create one, but I think I you want one for multiplayer, you need Reinventing the Craft (or something). That also enables looking around with the mouse etc.

Tomorrow I go on vacation to Mexico =P. Till i'll try to find a solution, but I don't think I will find one.... Sorry.

Btw how's your Oblivion map doing? I love Oblivion :D

Level 9
I resigned. I am using a third-person camera and first one for my new project, Operation Void. W3 does not have its limits: Its an RTS: look what has happened. First Person Shooters, Party Games, Third Person Shooters, Grand Theft Auto style games, Physics Engines and much much more. W3:WoW is a MMORPG. Its being made using Warcraft.

Level 8
I resigned. I am using a third-person camera and first one for my new project, Operation Void. W3 does not have its limits: Its an RTS: look what has happened. First Person Shooters, Party Games, Third Person Shooters, Grand Theft Auto style games, Physics Engines and much much more. W3:WoW is a MMORPG. Its being made using Warcraft.

Have you ever heard me say that we could't overcome these limits? Did you:wink:

Level 4
Omg so complicated why cant hive make a media or something, just to post videos would be much easyier or if anything just post a youtube thing er something, no offence er anything just so hard -.- but still better than figuring it out urself :p

Level 8
((Facing of A Unit 0001 <gen>) + 10.00)
I CANT FIND IT I'M GOING CRAZY!! I FEEL LIKE SNAPPING THE KEYBOARD IN HALF!!!!

Well, we don't want you to murder you keyboard, so let's help you :)

Trigger Editior -> Unit - > Make Unit face ANGLE (aha!)
You know it from here on? :)

You could also use the alternative method, of what is better, since you can rotate your camera also during walking.

Level 8
nice tutorial, good step-for-step build up and nice too have a few screen shots ^^, please continue making such tutorials.

"awesome." that summarizes it all. :infl_thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Please stop double posting. You can
edit.gif
use and merge your posts.

Level 8
Sorry..
Well, here's the beta version of my map.

Goddammit, a fucking spider killed me :mad:

Ok I got a few things to say bout this:

-So, first of all, more healing items :), eventually you'll get without and Bandaging heals only 15, so every time you heal enemies take away 13... EDIT: nvm completed it this time, didn't look around enough for berries :D

-Bandaging isn't a self-target spell, and since it's first person mode, that's pretty akward. T'is that i knew you needed to click your portrait...

-The hotkeys, you shouldn't set them to a appropriate letter in the word, but to the skills place in the quick select, button click thingie.

|q|w|e|r
|a|s |d|f Like this, your method is soooooo pre-frozen throne :)
|z|x |c|v

-You should make the distance between the player and the monsters bigger, by 1) making the range of both player and enemy longer, or 2) making the collosion size of just the monsters bigger.

-The environment looks a bit empty, though you don't get the same problem as me, what is: reaching the dooddad limit at 1/4 of the map.... So just place a bit more tress and stuff on cliffs, so it doesn;t look like the map ends there, but that there are mysterious unexplored lands you hopefully get to see in the rest of the game :)

-"O Noes! A landslide occurred! I must push forward, i wonder what vile creatures await me!" Most. Cheesy. Line. Evar! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT I HATE CHEESY LINES!!! Heherm... What i mean is, no-one says "o no"when a landslide just occured. And he's a young soldier, so his text should be something like this:
"Wow *heavy breathing* that was close. Ugh, a landslide? Those never happen here! Of course this happens to me... *sigh* Well, i guess we just go forward"
See, still crappy line but a lot less cheesy :D

p.s. :Lol, i also never played Morrowind, just oblivion, but i went to shearch for its music because it was great :d We hink the same lol :grin:

Ok I got a few things to say bout this:

-So, first of all, more healing items :), eventually you'll get without and Bandaging heals only 15, so every time you heal enemies take away 13... EDIT: nvm completed it this time, didn't look around enough for berries :D

-Bandaging isn't a self-target spell, and since it's first person mode, that's pretty akward. T'is that i knew you needed to click your portrait...

-The hotkeys, you shouldn't set them to a appropriate letter in the word, but to the skills place in the quick select, button click thingie.

|q|w|e|r
|a|s |d|f Like this, your method is soooooo pre-frozen throne :)
|z|x |c|v

-You should make the distance between the player and the monsters bigger, by 1) making the range of both player and enemy longer, or 2) making the collosion size of just the monsters bigger.

-The environment looks a bit empty, though you don't get the same problem as me, what is: reaching the dooddad limit at 1/4 of the map.... So just place a bit more tress and stuff on cliffs, so it doesn;t look like the map ends there, but that there are mysterious unexplored lands you hopefully get to see in the rest of the game :)

-"O Noes! A landslide occurred! I must push forward, i wonder what vile creatures await me!" Most. Cheesy. Line. Evar! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT I HATE CHEESY LINES!!! Heherm... What i mean is, no-one says "o no"when a landslide just occured. And he's a young soldier, so his text should be something like this:
"Wow *heavy breathing* that was close. Ugh, a landslide? Those never happen here! Of course this happens to me... *sigh* Well, i guess we just go forward"
See, still crappy line but a lot less cheesy :D

p.s. :Lol, i also never played Morrowind, just oblivion, but i went to shearch for its music because it was great :d We hink the same lol :grin:

Healing Items - I only put a little since they heal a crapload of health. You were able to kill the Nether Bear? Great!
Bandage - What base skill should I use for it? I don't really know what.
Hotkeys Sure, gonna change it. How do you change the default hotkeys of the move, etc.?
Collision Size/Monster/Rentau Range - I don't really know much about collision sizes, so I guess I'll just increase the range. Unless you teach me, that is.
Increase Doodads - Dude, I love that tree model you used. Anyway, sure, I'll add more doodads to the cliffs and stuff.
Rentau's Line - I had a feeling it sucked. It was really prior to change.

My Questions To You
What did you think of the commands and stuff?
What did you think of the skill powers and items?
Did you find the secret item in the shrub area?

I will continue this after I finish AJ 3 - CoM.
P.S. Have you played Oblivion? :smile:

And whoah, there's no need to use such extreme words. I'm okay with the G**Dammit part, but the F. Well, good thing there are no kids below 10 (?) here. They must've heard it already in their lives, just hope they don't 'misuse' or use them at all.

Level 8
Healing Items - I only put a little since they heal a crapload of health. You were able to kill the Nether Bear? Great!
Bandage - What base skill should I use for it? I don't really know what.
Hotkeys Sure, gonna change it. How do you change the default hotkeys of the move, etc.?
Collision Size/Monster/Rentau Range - I don't really know much about collision sizes, so I guess I'll just increase the range. Unless you teach me, that is.
Increase Doodads - Dude, I love that tree model you used. Anyway, sure, I'll add more doodads to the cliffs and stuff.
Rentau's Line - I had a feeling it sucked. It was really prior to change.

My Questions To You
What did you think of the commands and stuff?
What did you think of the skill powers and items?
Did you find the secret item in the shrub area?

I will continue this after I finish AJ 3 - CoM.
P.S. Have you played Oblivion? :smile:

And whoah, there's no need to use such extreme words. I'm okay with the G**Dammit part, but the F. Well, good thing there are no kids below 10 (?) here. They must've heard it already in their lives, just hope they don't 'misuse' or use them at all.

The commands were ok, just show all tips at once, and then for a larger period.

The skills were also good, except for the target stuff. Also the attack skills must like you auto target the target you was currently attacking with that skill. You could also make some drops for the monsters, since there are a lot of them. O yea, and a backpack, like in my map. otherwise you have way to less room.

And yes, i found the "secret" item, though it was not really secret. Once I got to that part, i just walked forward and saw it's name after a few secs. Btw, that part is pretty chaotic, you just click randomly hoping that there's the good path. You should make something that points you in the good direction.

And about the f. word. Well.... i don't think it's extreme at all, I use it all days at school, but if i offend you with it, then ok, won't use it anymore....

p.s. Of course I played oblivion :D Until i modded it to death....

The commands were ok, just show all tips at once, and then for a larger period.

The skills were also good, except for the target stuff. Also the attack skills must like you auto target the target you was currently attacking with that skill. You could also make some drops for the monsters, since there are a lot of them. O yea, and a backpack, like in my map. otherwise you have way to less room.

And yes, i found the "secret" item, though it was not really secret. Once I got to that part, i just walked forward and saw it's name after a few secs. Btw, that part is pretty chaotic, you just click randomly hoping that there's the good path. You should make something that points you in the good direction.

And about the f. word. Well.... i don't think it's extreme at all, I use it all days at school, but if i offend you with it, then ok, won't use it anymore....

p.s. Of course I played oblivion :D Until i modded it to death....

Tips - Okay, gonna do that.
Auto-Targeting - Only a noob. If you could help me with some of that GUI stuff...
Backpack - I opened up Blood, Sweat and Ice, and I know how to make the backpack trigger.
Shrub Area Tip - Still thinking on how I can make a tip without totally giving it away....
The F - I'm okay with it (my bro says it all the time, too), just saying that if a kid hears it it won't be really appropriate. Besides, I'm a kid too, I'm 12.
P.S. Lucky you can use mods, I have the PS3 Oblivion, but not the GotY Version.
P.S.S.(?) Wanna make a thread on Map Dev that we're making a joint project on this?