• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating A Decay Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Greetings,
I have modified the blademaster model to make a spearman model. The only trouble is, I do not know how to make a decay animation. I do not want to make this model a hero model because this is really a sort of footman.
Thanks in advance,
NaturalDisaster A.K.A NatDis

P.S. Only post if you have something related to topic that you want to say. If you take this as an opportunity to ridicule making a spearman out of a blademaster, do not post. Also, I have searched for decay animation tuts but have not found it yet.

Last edited:
cant you just take the dissipate tutorial and instead of doing a Positive number adda negative number?

He can, but it sometimes can be a real pain in the ass to do so. I recommend ripping of Death, Decay Flesh and Decay bone of an existing unit that you know that might suit your wishes, like the footman's or the grunt's ones.

Level 8
I failed in transferring the anims. I tried it first with the grunt, then the footman, and lastly the druid of the talon. However despite trying it once per model by renaming the bones, it wasn't successful. Then I tried Radagast's method. The decay bone anim worked fine but the model looked as though it was unanimated during the decay flesh anim. All other anims are unaffected. I made the decay flesh anim out of the tiny animation space after the death anim. The decay flesh anim would work perfectly in Magos' W3ME.

Level 7
Hey, this isnt real helpful but weird and thought ide jus post it anyway. When I made a stickman model once and rigged it and imported into game without animation, somehow when i replaced, say the peasant with the model, all of the animations were played onto my stickman model.

I tried the same thing with other like models and it was the same thing. I think I luckily rigged my model exactly how wc3 team did and somehow the original models animations where placed onto my stickman with no animations.

Just thought ide post that cuz i only had this once and i dont think i have the model anymore cuz of a hard-drive wipe a month back.

Status
Not open for further replies.