• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Create Water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me how to create unpassable water without using the blizzard water tool (i dont want the boring cliffs at the transition between water and land).
Start out with deep water, then use the "Raise" terrain tool to make the land.
The transition between water and land will be smooth and cliffless.

Level 19
Do what Belgarath said, and also what you can do is go on scenario --> map options there you will default find two fields that are checked which say ''Show water waves on cliff shores'' and ''show water waves on rolling shores''. I personally find it look better if both are unchecked, but you should try changing those and see for yourself what you think looks best.

If you download the UTM then you'll find water doodads. If you import them to your map you can use those to make water at for instance higher areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.