• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crazy Warcraft Fun Map Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys,
I have some really concerning stuff going on with my warcraft fun maps. It freaks me out. I hope it hasn't happened on real maps. It has happened on footies, a random hero FFA map and hero push. At some point in the game things get really weird. All enemy heroes act like they are on auto pilot; they run around and just die, probably units too..not sure though. I have talked to players that were playing the map with me and they said that I was either dead or my hero was not moving or just dying. So apparently we were playing two different games. I was playing a game in which the enemy heroes are not controlled and in the real game I was the one on auto pilot. WTF? Am I hacked? What could be the cause? I have some other weird bugs with my Mac WC3 version (colours on minimap, sudden freeze/disconnect), but this a new level of weirdness.

Has this happened to anyone else? What could cause this?

Thank you in advance!!

ps: I´m dead serious...

Level 11
Sounds like a regular ol' desync to me. Although, normally the game informs you that the other players have "left the game" if you desync. Also if you're playing with a bot it will tell you who is desyncing.

Level 2
Thanks for your replies. You think it could be some sort of partial disconnect? Why do you think it isn't designed for a mac?

I have another theory...once I downloaded a footie map that crashed immediately when it started. Could it be some sort of virus?

Level 2
Ok I talked to some other players and apparently its a desync. I didn't know these exist...after all these years of playing you still learn :D is there any way to check in-game for it?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
is there any way to check in-game for it?
If a real client hosts the session then it should automatically drop everyone who desyncs from the host attached client.

Robot hosted games might not do this, instead they can keep every player connected and executing commands when appropriate. This usually results in the behaviour you described where quickly game results diverge.

If you were using a client to host the game and this happened then please report it as a bug. It is possible the recent changes to synchronization latency may have inadvertently disabled the automatic out of sync detection mechanism.

Status
Not open for further replies.